JFG sign icon
  1. Alliance Brewing: The first craft brewery to cross the Tennessee River, Alliance brings a local flair to South Knoxville's beer lovers. Opened summer 2015, the new spot draws drinkers and food trucks to Sevier Avenue.
  2. Three Bears Coffee: A longtime South Knoxville native, the owners of Three Bears Coffee recently opened their brick-and-mortar store, where they now brew larger batches of coffee to sell and their store and their farmers' market cart.
  3. Hard Knox Tattoo: Hard Knox Tattoo is easily one of the cheapest, fastest, most professional shops in Knoxville. I've seen people get intricate tattoos in less that 45 minutes with no complaints, and I've seen a piercing take maybe 60 seconds with no infection to follow.
  4. Szechuan Garden Chinese Restaurant: Want just the quick, easy Chinese that cures a hangover? Down Chapman Highway, you can find just that with this classic Chinese eatery.
  5. Sokno Market: A cafe that focuses on cheap, quick and healthy is what this part of town needed, and in 2015, that's what it got with Sokno Market. 
  6. Kay's Ice Cream: This is your classic ice cream place that hits the spot on those blistering summer nights or when you just want some creamy chocolate ice cream. It's no frills, and that's what makes it good.
  7. Ijams Nature Center: Ijams has something for everyone at every outdoor skill level with the natural beauty to accompany it. From hiking to swimming, pick whichever adventure you're in the mood for.
  8. Trailhead Beer Market: This is where the locals go to hang out and try the latest craft brews. It's smaller than other similar spots in Knoxville, but it's the cozy feeling and community that keep patrons coming back.
  9. Basement Records: Far down Chapman Highway, it's easy to past the little white record store, but after you've turned around and made it back, you won't want to leave. Full of used music spanning decade and plenty of nerd memoralbilia, there's always something to find.
  10. Knoxville Botanical Gardens: This smaller nature center than the others in town boasts plenty of history and education with its education garden and historical visitors center. If you don't come to walk the garden's walking trail, stick around for one the concerts that are often hosted on the hill overlooking the city.