Lady Vols Basketball vs Texas A&M
The Lady Vols take on Texas A&M on Sunday, February 16th, 2020 at Thompson-Boling Arena. They lost by two points with the final score of 73-71.

Tennessee hosts in-state rival Vanderbilt at Thompson Boling Arena on Sunday at noon. The Lady Vols are currently 17-9 on the season and 7-6 in SEC play, while the Commodores stand at 13-13 with a 3-10 conference record. 

Tennessee is in seventh place in the SEC standings and are two games ahead of eighth-place Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Vanderbilt is sitting in thirteenth place.  

The Lady Vols’ final three games come against unranked opponents. Tennessee has faced top-25 teams in four of their last five games, with two of them belonging to the top 10. 

All nine of the Lady Vols’ losses are against teams that will most likely earn NCAA Tournament bids. Seven of those teams were ranked, with four being in the top 10 when Tennessee played them. 

The Lady Vols are currently on a five game losing streak with their most recent loss coming at the hands of No. 22/25 Arkansas. Tennessee lost 83-75 at Bud Walton Arena.

Burrell scored 15 points in the final quarter, 21 in total, and recorded nine rebounds. Rennia Davis played well too; she dropped 18 points and grabbed eight boards.

Through her first four career starts, Burrell is averaging 15.5 points per game and 7.3 rebounds per game. In three of those starts, she has led the Lady Vols in both scoring and rebounding. 

Tennessee allowed two Razorbacks to score more than 20 points. Amber Ramirez scored a game-high 29 points and Alexis Tolefree dropped 22 points. 

Vanderbilt is on a losing streak as well. They have lost their last three matches, which includes their last game against the Missouri Tigers. The Commodores lost 78-66, which snapped a nine game winning streak at home against unranked opponents. 

Chelsie Hall, Mariella Fasoula and Koi Love all reached the double-digit point total. Hall led the team with 15 points, Fasoula scored 14 points and six rebounds, while Love finished with 10 points and eight boards.  

Vanderbilt also out-rebounded the Tigers, 40-36. Vanderbilt shot over 40% from the field but only made one three off of 10 attempts. 

This will be the 84th time that these two programs will face off. Overall, Tennessee has a 73-10 edge over Vanderbilt in their series history. The Lady Vols have won 11 of the past 12 contests. Vanderbilt’s lone win during that span came in Knoxville last year, their first-ever victory on Rocky Top.  

The last time these two teams played, Rennia Davis dropped 22 points, which helped to lead No. 22/22 Tennessee to a 78-69 victory over the Commodores at Memorial Gymnasium on Jan. 30. 

Jazmine Massengill finished the game with 14 points and both Jordan Horston and Burrell scored 11 points.