Lady Vols Basketball vs Mississippi State
Head Coach of the Lady Vols, Kellie Harper, coaches her players from the sidelines during the game against Mississippi State on Thursday, February 6, 2020 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The University of Tennessee women’s basketball team released its 2020-21 schedule on Friday afternoon. The Lady Vols will play 16 games against SEC teams and eight against non-conference opponents. 

“Finalizing our game schedule has required a lot of patience and flexibility,” Lady Vols Head Coach Kellie Harper said. “There were a lot of moving parts. While this is not the schedule we started with, we are excited to have the opportunity to play games.”

Tennessee opens up its season with three games at Thompson-Boling Arena. The first matchup is against Florida A&M on Nov. 27. The next day, the Lady Vols will take on Western Kentucky. The final game in the homestead will be against in-state rival ETSU on December 1. 

Tennessee will then compete in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. On Dec. 6, The Lady Vols will face off against West Virginia. To close out the tournament, Tennessee will battle Texas on Dec. 13. 

The Lady Vols will come back home to Rocky Top for two games in late December. The first is against Jackson State on Dec. 20. Lipscomb will then travel to Thompson-Boling Arena on Dec. 28 to take on Tennessee. 

The Lady Vols open up conference play against three ranked teams. On New Year’s Eve, Tennessee plays No. 13 Texas A&M at College Station, Texas. The Lady Vols will then travel back home to battle against No. 11 Kentucky on Jan. 3. Finally, Tennessee will compete against No. 14 Arkansas on Jan. 7. 

The next three games for the Lady Vols will be an away match against LSU, then a home game against Georgia and they will end with a visit to Alabama on Jan. 10, 14 and 17, respectively. 

Tennessee will take a brief break from conference play to square up against No. 3 UConn on Jan. 21. 

Three days after that, the Lady Vols will play their final 10 games against SEC opponents, with Vanderbilt being the first of those games. Tennessee will then play two games at home, then two away, then two more at home, then two more away. 

The first home set of games will be against Ole Miss and Florida on Jan. 28 and 31, respectively. The Lady Vols will then travel to No. 6 Mississippi State on Feb. 4 and then, No. 11 Kentucky on Feb. 11. 

The second set of home games for Tennessee will be against in-state rival Vanderbilt on Feb. 14. Then the Lady Vols will take on the top team in the country, South Carolina, on Feb. 18. The final set of away games will be on Feb. 21 and 25, with Tennessee playing Georgia and Missouri, respectively. 

The final game of the regular season for the Lady Vols will be on Feb. 28 against the Auburn Tigers.

The SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament play will begin on March 3 to March 7. NCAA 1st and 2nd Rounds will be between March 19 to March 22. NCAA Regionals will be played on March 26 and will end on March 29. Finally, the NCAA Final Four will start on April 2 and end April 4.