Rennia Davis and Jordan Horston were recognized for their play during the 2019-20 season by SEC head coaches this week, prior to the SEC Tournament. 

Davis was one of eight players to be added to the All-SEC First Team, while Horston was one of eight players to be selected to the SEC All-Freshman Team.

Davis started the year as a preseason All-SEC First Team player. This is her first time being selected to the first-team. Last season, Davis was part of the second-team and during her freshman year, she was selected to the SEC All-Freshman Team.

The junior is averaging team-highs in points (18.3) and rebounds (8.3). These averages also rank third and sixth among conference players. Davis’ scoring average is the highest scoring average by a Lady Vol since Candace Parker averaged 21.3 points per game, in 2007-08. Davis also leads the team with 33 threes, and is third on the team in assists (69) and steals (25).

Davis’ shooting average of 47.8% is ninth in the SEC and her 81.0% free throw shooting is third in the conference. She has recorded 11 double-doubles and six games with 20 or more points. She is seventh all-time among Tennessee juniors in double-doubles during a season and her career total of 29 puts her in 10th in Lady Vol history.

Horston has started in 22 of 29 games for Tennessee in her first season. She has averaged 9.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game, along with team-highs in assists (4.8) and steals (1.2).

The freshman has tallied the third-most assists ever by a Lady Vol in their freshman year, with a total of 139. Only eight other players in Lady Vol history have produced a season with that many assists. Her 4.8 assists per game rank second among all-time Tennessee rookies, and is behind Ariel Massengale who recorded 4.91 in 2011-12. 

Davis and Horston have led Tennessee to a 20-9 finish to their regular season, including a 10-6 record in conference play, which put them in a tie for third place. They are No. 6 in the SEC Tournament and will play the winner of the Missouri vs. Ole Miss match on March 5 at 6 p.m.