• Updated
  • Comments

As Tennessee split up its track and field team, much of the attention was steered towards the group traveling up to the historic 126th Pennsylvania Relays. However, it was at the LSU Invite that Favour Ashe sent shockwaves around the track and field world.

• Updated
  • Comments

Tennessee’s track and field team traveled to Birmingham, Alabama, over the weekend to compete in the Crimson Tide Invite. Competition began on Friday and ran through Saturday night, with several Vols surpassing school records and totaling event wins.

• Comments

There are millions of people across the United States tuning into sports events each day. These high-profile sports include football, basketball, soccer and many more. In recent years, viewers have been able to add a new element of anticipation to their viewing experience through sports betting.

• Updated
  • Comments

The University of Tennessee hosted the Tennessee Relays last week, starting Thursday and ending Saturday. Unexpected weather conditions made life difficult for the event staff and athletes and still, many Vols finished atop or improved off previous marks.

• Updated
  • Comments

Two weeks after finishing third in the NCAA Indoor Championships, the Tennessee track and field team began its transition to the outdoor environment. The team traveled to NC State this past weekend to compete in the Raleigh Relays where they set 10 personal bests over the three days.

The United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) has awarded Tennessee’s director of track and field/cross country Beth Alford-Sullivan the South Region Men’s Coach of the Year. This award comes after the Vols finished in third place at NCAA Indoor Champio…

Eight Tennessee Vols were honored on the track and field All-SEC teams announced Monday. Carey Mcleod leads the list with first team honors, while Charisma Taylor and Georgios Korakidis headline the second team for the Vols.

• Updated
  • Comments

Tennessee’s track and field team split up over the weekend to compete in the Arkansas Tyson Invite and Vanderbilt’s Music City Challenge. Sprinters, jumpers and middle-distance athletes traveled to Arkansas, while the throwers and distance runners stayed instate at Vanderbilt.

• Updated
  • Comments

Tennessee’s track and field team traveled to Clemson, South Carolina, to participate in the Bob Pollock Meet over the weekend. Following an impressive outing at the Hokie Invitational last weekend, the Vols grabbed a number of top finishes and three event titles in the throwing department.

• Updated
  • Comments

The Southeastern Conference's two and a half month sports hiatus due to COVID-19 is set to end soon with universities being allowed to bring student athletes back on campus Jun. 8.

The reach of the coronavirus has found its way to SEC sports. Following the restriction of fan attendance for the NCAA Basketball Tournaments, as well as multiple other conference basketball tournaments, the SEC has announced that until at least March 30 regular season contests on SEC campus…

On this National Women in Sports Day we celebrate the women who have made an impact on the University of Tennessee through their athletic and life achievements. These women have laid the groundwork for future athletes and continue to influence the sports world today. In true volunteer spirit…

It was a tough race for the Vols in Tallahassee, Florida today as the men finished third in team standings, while the women finished seventh. For the women, they moved up in standings from last year and junior Megan Murray was able to finish in the top-ten for the 6K. On the men’s side, the …

Tennessee men’s and women’s cross-country teams are coming home to Knoxville with some victories under their belts after today’s pre-season meet at Auburn. With both team and individual titles earned, the Vols are looking more and more prepared for their upcoming races.

The Tennessee track and field athletes, following a successful performance in the Tennessee Relays, which featured wins in five events for Tennessee, parted ways to participate in their own respective events over the weekend.

• Updated
  • Comments

On a windy Thursday afternoon, the Tennessee track and field team hosted the 51st Annual Tennessee Relays at the newly renovated Tom Black Track at LaPorte Stadium. The Volunteers competed with athletes from 14 other schools for superiority in the meet.

The Tennessee track and field team competed at the SEC Indoor Championships in College Station, TX, this past weekend with a strong performance from junior sprinter Mustaqeem Williams that allowed the Vols to leave the championships with a gold medal.

The Tennessee cross country/track and field program recently signed nine new faces on to the team’s roster for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. The newcomers will include five men and four women, ranging from long jumpers and sprinters to long-distance cross country athletes.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!