• Updated
  • Comments

The Southeastern Conference's two and a half month sports hiatus due to COVID-19 is set to end soon with universities being allowed to bring student athletes back on campus Jun. 8.

The reach of the coronavirus has found its way to SEC sports. Following the restriction of fan attendance for the NCAA Basketball Tournaments, as well as multiple other conference basketball tournaments, the SEC has announced that until at least March 30 regular season contests on SEC campus…

On this National Women in Sports Day we celebrate the women who have made an impact on the University of Tennessee through their athletic and life achievements. These women have laid the groundwork for future athletes and continue to influence the sports world today. In true volunteer spirit…

It was a tough race for the Vols in Tallahassee, Florida today as the men finished third in team standings, while the women finished seventh. For the women, they moved up in standings from last year and junior Megan Murray was able to finish in the top-ten for the 6K. On the men’s side, the …

Tennessee men’s and women’s cross-country teams are coming home to Knoxville with some victories under their belts after today’s pre-season meet at Auburn. With both team and individual titles earned, the Vols are looking more and more prepared for their upcoming races.

The Tennessee track and field athletes, following a successful performance in the Tennessee Relays, which featured wins in five events for Tennessee, parted ways to participate in their own respective events over the weekend.

• Updated
  • Comments

On a windy Thursday afternoon, the Tennessee track and field team hosted the 51st Annual Tennessee Relays at the newly renovated Tom Black Track at LaPorte Stadium. The Volunteers competed with athletes from 14 other schools for superiority in the meet.

The Tennessee track and field team competed at the SEC Indoor Championships in College Station, TX, this past weekend with a strong performance from junior sprinter Mustaqeem Williams that allowed the Vols to leave the championships with a gold medal.

The Tennessee cross country/track and field program recently signed nine new faces on to the team’s roster for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. The newcomers will include five men and four women, ranging from long jumpers and sprinters to long-distance cross country athletes.

• Updated
  • Comments

Each year, thousands of high school students apply for college with the desire to leave home and be free from parental supervision. For some, the prospect of eating cereal and pancakes for dinner without being given that scolding look from their parents makes for a pretty effective motivator.

• Updated
  • Comments

Tennessee graduate Justin Gatlin made history Sunday, August 14 after capturing a silver medal in the 100m dash, becoming the first American track and field athlete to capture three medals of any kind in the event.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!