Staff Report: SPORTS

The Tennessee men’s golf team entered the final round of the Golf Club at the Georgia Collegiate in third place, after all five members of the lineup carded under-par performances. 

The Vols brought their two-round total to 18-under par, after shooting 11-under as a squad on Saturday. 

Entering the final round, Tennessee is now 8 strokes behind the first-place defending national champion Pepperdine and 4 strokes behind SEC foe Texas A&M. 

Spencer Cross shot 3-under 69 on Saturday, which was the senior’s fifth consecutive round under par this season. Cross put in 6 birdies over the course of the day, and is 5-under heading into the final round. 

Tyler Johnson heads into the final round tied with his teammate Cross in eighth place overall. Johnson followed his opening round 3-under par, with a 2-under par round on Saturday. On the day, he sunk 4 birdies in the last 6 holes to finish the round at 2-under.

Johnson has yet to shoot above par in five rounds of action as a member of Tennessee’s lineup. 

Jake Hall also carded an under par round for the second straight day, much like his teammates Cross and Johnson. The sophomore shot 1-under 71 on Saturday to bring his total to 4-under, which positioned him in 13th place heading into the final round, just one stroke out of the top-10. 

Hall has yet to finish in the top-15 as a Vol, with his best finish coming at 16th place.

Bryce Lewis carded a 2-under 70 during round two to improve to 1-under for the tournament. Lewis is tied for 25th going into the final round, searching for his 12th career top-25 finish.

Hunter Walcott regrouped after shooting a team worst 4-over on Friday to shoot the best round on the day for the Vols. Walcott carded a 4-under 68, sinking 8 birdies on Saturday. His two round total sits him at even par, which positions him at 33rd place ahead of the final round on Sunday.