College football- Georgia

Oct 2, 2021; Athens, Georgia, USA; Georgia Bulldogs running back Kenny McIntosh (6) and tight end Brett Seither (80) react after a first down against the Arkansas Razorbacks during the second half at Sanford Stadium.

In week five of college football, several SEC teams had their first real tests, some passed and some failed. Week five also brought another week of top-25 teams getting upset.

No. 1 Alabama once again had a dominant performance, this time against No. 12 SEC opponent Ole Miss. The Tide defeated the Rebels 42-21 in dominant fashion.

Alabama split the load between quarterback Bryce Young, who threw for 241 yards and a pair of touchdowns, and running back Brian Robinson Jr., who rushed for 171 yards and 4 touchdowns.

No. 2 Georgia remained undefeated after a win over No. 8 Arkansas. The Razorbacks never stood a chance, and the Bulldogs jumped to a 21-0 lead in the first quarter and never looked back.

Kentucky got a statement win over No. 10 Florida, upsetting the Gators 20-13. The Wildcats improved to 5-0 with the win that showed the nation they are a legit contender in the SEC East.

Mississippi State also got a big win over No. 15 Texas A&M behind another impressive performance from quarterback Will Rogers, who threw for 408 yards and 3 touchdowns.

No. 22 Auburn got its first win at LSU since 1999 after a comeback fourth quarter that put Auburn on top 24-19. Quarterback Bo Nix led the Tigers in both passing and rushing, with 255 passing yards and 74 rushing yards.

South Carolina got by Troy 23-14, despite a shaky performance from quarterback Luke Doty who completed 20-of-34 passes for 255 yards and a touchdown.

Vanderbilt improved to 2-3 in what many are deeming the game of the week against UConn. The Commodores defeated the Huskies 30-28 with a game-winning field goal as time expired. Vandy’s Ken Seals led the way with 333 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Around the rest of the NCAA, No. 6 Oklahoma hung on against Kansas State to remain undefeated, No. 11 Ohio State cruised by Rutgers 52-13 and No. 5 Iowa blew by Maryland 51-14.

No. 19 Oklahoma State defeated No. 21 Baylor 24-14 behind a solid performance from running back Jaylen Warren, who posted 125 yards and 2 touchdowns.

No. 7 Cincinnati got past No. 9 Notre Dame 24-13 in one of the weekend’s marque matchups to remain undefeated.

No. 16 Coastal Carolina remained undefeated and once again had a dominant win over UL Monroe, 59-6.

Several top-25 teams were upset in week five, including a huge upset from Stanford, who defeated No. 3 Oregon.

Stanford knocked off the Ducks 31-24 to hand them their first loss of the season in overtime. Stanford’s win came behind quarterback Tanner McKee’s 3 touchdowns.

Hawaii upset No. 18 Fresno State, despite 388 passing yards and 3 touchdowns from Fresno State’s Jake Haener.

Arizona State blew out No. 20 UCLA to improve to 4-1 on the season. The Sun Devils and Bruins were even through the first half, but a scoreless second half from the Bruins saw the Sun Devils cruise by.