UT student William Coker, a sophomore in finance, died after his involvement in a boating accident that occurred on Chickamauga Lake near Chattanooga at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Saturday evening.

Law enforcement believes fellow Sigma Nu brother Logan Nichelson, an undeclared sophomore, was intoxicated when his jet-ski collided with Coker.

Upon the arrival of emergency services, Nichelson and passenger Andrew Kirsch, 21, were found sitting on the dock and a strong smell of alcohol was observed at the scene, according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officer who made the arrest.

Coker, a native of Collierville, TN, died from injuries sustained from the incident at a Chattanooga area hospital early Sunday morning.

UT's Sigma Nu fraternity tweeted about the loss of their brother: “It's a sad day at Epsilon Eta. Please keep peaceful thought and prayers for the family of Will Coker. Rest easy 1570.”

The collision occurred near the Island Cove Marina in the Chickamauga area. Nichelson was released on a $2,000 bail and will possibly await additional charges in Hamilton County. His first court appearance is scheduled for July 6.

The fraternity established a relief fund and has raised over $5,000 since Tuesday afternoon to cover funeral and relief costs for Coker's family.

The TWRA is still investigating the details of the incident.