• Updated
  • Comments

On Tuesday, just one day after UT System President Randy Boyd announced that the system would lift mask mandates on all campuses in response to a bill signed by Governor Bill Lee, UT Knoxville announced plans to reinstate a mask mandate in most buildings beginning Monday, Nov. 22.

• Updated
  • Comments

According to Feeding America, 12.3% of households in Knox County experienced food insecurity pre-pandemic, and the rate is projected to rise to 13.3% through 2021. With supply-chain issues raising prices on groceries, many in the community are struggling to afford food, let alone all the fan…

• Updated
  • Comments

On Monday, UT System President Randy Boyd announced that the system would lift all mask mandates across all campuses in response to a bill signed by Governor Bill Lee on Friday.

In a letter sent to UT employees on Oct. 21, President Randy Boyd announced that, due to an executive order from the Biden administration, an undetermined number of employees of the university system will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Dec. 8.

• Updated
  • Comments

Just as they have every year since the 1990s, the anti-abortion Center for Bio-Ethical Reform (CBR) set up a large display on Pedestrian Walkway last week featuring photos from the Holocaust and American lynchings placed alongside images of fetal tissue, which the group says depict aborted fetuses.

• Updated
  • Comments

As many STEM majors know, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, is one of the nation’s leading multi-program science and technology research centers. Sponsored by the Department of Energy, the ORNL is managed and operated by UT-Battelle, a joint effort bet…

• Updated
  • Comments

Rebecca Koszalinski, assistant professor in the College of Nursing at UT, was recognized by Johnson & Johnson in their “Nurses Change Lives” ad campaign. Koszalinski was recognized for her work behind the app called Speak for Myself, which she developed for patients who have trouble comm…

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!