Singing fraternity Phi Mu Alpha placed third Saturday evening in the All Campus Events All-Sing.

ACE puts on four events each year; Homecoming, Carnicus, All-Sing and Volunteer Challenge. Each event is planned a year in advance and offers organizations on campus a chance to represent themselves and compete against others.

Although these events are filled heavily by fraternities and sororities, the Greek organization’s overrepresentation is not intentional.

“We realize that these are some of the larger organizations on campus and so we try to keep our fees low to allow the smaller organizations that don’t have the funds other groups do,” said Nancy June Inman, senior in mathematics and the committee chair of ACE. ”But it takes a lot of organization and manpower to get that done.”

However, smaller organizations need not lose hope; Baptist collegiate ministry won 1st place in 2012, and this year musical fraternity Phi Mu Alpha placed for the first time in five years.

“This is the first time that we’ve got a trophy in five years, so it feels really good to do it,” President of Phi Mu Alpha Corey Kiser, sophomore in music education, said. “The fact that I was in charge of it, I feel a little bit extra proud.”

The groups were judged on singability, performance, outfits and energy. The theme this year was All Stars, meaning contestants would perform any artist who had gone platinum or who could be considered an “All Star” of their genre. The theme changes every year.

Chi Omega and Sigma Kappa placed first, Beta Upsilon Chi and Zeta Tau Alpha placed second and Phi Mu Alpha and Delta Zeta placed third.