Staff Report Graphic

The Tennessee Lady Vols’ Rennia Davis has been named the SEC women’s basketball player of the week after putting up 16, 16 and 30 points against Alabama, No.3 UConn and LSU respectively. Davis also hit a game-winning three in the Crimson Tide game as she pulled up from deep on a step back with Tennessee down one and knocked it down with just 0.3 seconds left.

The 6’2“ junior out of Jacksonville, FL has been stellar for the Lady Vols this year, leading the team in scoring averaging 17.9 points per game while helping #22 Tennessee to a 16-4 overall record and a 6-1 SEC record.

Davis was not only crucial on the offensive end, she also contributed 25 rebounds across the three games and had four steals in the game against the Tigers. She was extremely effective in getting defensive rebounds and turning them into fast break opportunities. Davis finished the first half of the LSU game by leading the Lady Vols on an 8-1 run, during which she had six of UT’s eight points, to take the lead into halftime.

The SEC Player of the Week was extremely effective from the field shooting 23 of 38 on field goal attempts, which is just a hair under 60%. Davis also shot 50% from behind the arc including her incredibly athletic step back to beat Alabama seconds before the buzzer. She also made it to the free throw line and knocked down 11 of her 15 attempts.

Davis leads the Lady Vols into a big week this week as they head to Memorial Gym to face off against mid-state rival Vanderbilt on Thursday at 9 p.m. ET, then head to Columbia to try and knock off the top team in the nation as they tip off against South Carolina on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. The Lady Vols currently sit at second in the SEC and could end the week tied for first if they have a big week.