Lady Vols vs. Stetson
Head Coach Kellie Harper argues with the reef for not calling a foul on Stetson during the game on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The No. 23 Lady Vols basketball team will face off against the Georgia Bulldogs Sunday afternoon at Thompson-Boling Arena. Tennessee will look to continue their conference success as they have gone 2-1 in the SEC and 12-3 overall, while Georgia is looking to get to even as they have a 1-2 SEC record, with a 10-6 season record. 

Tennessee’s latest outing was a 56 point victory against Ole Miss. Rennia Davis scored 17 points, grabbed seven rebounds, and dished out five assists. Teammates Jordan Horston and Jessie Rennie each played big roles in Tennessee’s win, with the former scoring 11 points and one rebound short of a double-double and the latter also scoring 11 by going a perfect 3-3 from behind the arc. 

The Lady Vols did not just play fluid offense, but they were stingy on the defensive side of the ball. Ole Miss scored just 28 points, which ties the third-lowest point total by an opponent in Lady Vol history and the fewest ever by an SEC foe. 

Tennessee’s defense in the final frame made history as well as they only gave up two points which ties the second fewest points scored in a quarter by an opponent. 

Georgia comes into Knoxville having just lost to Vanderbilt, 63-55. Jenna Staiti of Georgia led her team in points, 18, and rebounds, 11, to record her fourth career double-double and her third of the season. Two other Lady Bulldogs, Maya Caldwell and Que Morrison, were the only other Georgia players to score in double-digits, 12 and 11, respectively. 

“I thought we played how we practiced the past two days," Georgia head coach Joni Taylor said. "I did not think we were very sharp. I did not think we were very focused and it showed up. In this league, it is going to show if you are not prepared and you are not ready to go and we weren't tonight.”

Georgia was outplayed in almost every aspect of the game. Vanderbilt’s shooting percentages stood at 42% from the field, 50% from three, and 74% from the charity strip, while Georgia finished with a 33% from the field, 31% from three and 71% from the charity strip. 

Vanderbilt out-rebounded Georgia 40-36 and the Commodores recorded nine steals to Georgia’s seven. Georgia did protect the ball better than Vanderbilt as they committed 15 turnovers compared to Vanderbilt’s 17. 

The match will take place at Thompson-Boling Arena at 1 p.m. on Sunday.