Lady Vols vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Rennia Davis, #0, driving against a Lady Lions defender on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 in Thompson-Boling Arena.

No. 24 Tennessee will go on the road to play SEC rival FloridaThursday in Gainesville at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. These two programs will meet for the 57th time on Thursday, with Tennessee leading the series 52-4. 

The Lady Vols will look to improve upon their season record as they sit 13-3 and 3-1 in the SEC, while Florida sits at 10-6 and 2-2 in the SEC.

Tennessee has been playing well as of late, winning five of their last six matches, with their most recent win coming against Georgia. Rennia Davis led her team in points with 17 and added six rebounds. Jordan Horston, Tamari Key, and Lou Brown reached the double-digit point mark with 14, 13 and 12, respectively.

Points were not the only contributing factor in the team’s 73-56 win. Horston led her team with seven assists and Jazmine Massengill was active on the boards grabbing seven, a team-high. 

After the match against the Bulldogs, Tennessee has now had three or more players score in double-digits in 11 of 16 games. The Lady Vols tallied 20 assists in the win against Georgia. This is the sixth time this season that Tennessee has had 20 or more assists in a match. 

Key has been able to anchor the Vols’ defense during her freshman year. After her four blocks in the match against Georgia, she now has 41 on the season. She is averaging 2.6 bpg., which ranks third in the SEC, but stands at the top of the list in league games at 4.5 per contest.

Florida is coming off of a 65-45 loss to No. 14 Kentucky. Florida’s Kiara Smith had a team-leading 16 points and teammate Ariel Johnson scored an efficient 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting. 

Despite the loss, Florida played solid defense against Kentucky. The Gators held the Wildcats below their scoring average, their 12th time holding an opponent below their average.Florida forced 25 turnovers out of Kentucky, a season-high for the Wildcats. 

The last time these two teams faced off, Rennia Davis and redshirt senior Cheridene Green recorded double-doubles to help bring Tennessee the 67-50 victory. Davis finished the day as Tennessee’s leading scorer at 19 and notched 10 rebounds, while Green posted 15 points and 10 rebounds. 

Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. ET from Gainesville, Florida.