Women's Basketball SEC Tournament vs. Mississippi State (copy)

#0, Rennia Davis, attempts a layup during the SEC Tournament against Mississippi State on Friday March 8, 2019 at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina. 

The Tennessee women’s basketball got their trip abroad off to a strong start on Thursday.

In the Netherlands, the Lady Vols began a three-game tour that will also lead them through Belgium and France. In game one, they faced off against Dozy BV Den Helder.

Thanks to four different players scoring in double figures, Tennessee rolled in a decisive 97-45 win at the Sportlaan 58 Gymnasium.

The win put the Lady Vols at 22-7 all-time versus international teams and 15-7 all-time against non-NCAA foes.

The leading scorers were sophomore forward Rae Burrell, junior forward Rennia Davis and sophomore guard Zaay Green all scored 16 points apiece. Burrell also tallied double-digit rebounds with 10, while freshman newcomer Tamari Key scored 15 points to go along with 11 rebounds.

The game marked the unofficial coaching debut of first-year head Kellie Harper, who was hired to replace Holly Warlick back in April.

“It was fun to finally get the team out on the floor and see them play,” Harper said. “I think our players had a lot of fun playing together and facing a new opponent. It was good to get a win in our opener.Now we’ll work on a few things and get ready for our next opponent in Belgium.”

The Lady Vols controlled the game from the opening tip, scoring off of a quick layup courtesy of Green in the opening seconds. The score sparked a 9-0 run for Tennessee right out of the gate, and eventually a 24-12 first quarter lead.

Despite a struggle in shooting percentage in the first quarter, the Lady Vols improved throughout the contest, eventually shooting better than better than 56 percent in the fourth quarter. The game total was 44.3 percent.

Tennessee will take the court again on Saturday, taking on Laarne at the Gemeentelijke Sporthall in Belgium. The game is slated for 8 p.m.