Womens Basketball v. LSU

Jazmine Massengill, #13, during game against LSU on March 07, 2019. 

The Tennessee women’s basketball team will renew one of college basketball’s great hardwood rivalries this upcoming season when they take on perennial power UConn in January 2020.

On Tuesday, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced the official date, time, location and television network for their Hall of Fame Game between the Lady Vols and Huskies.

The game, which will be the first of two-year series, will tip-off in primetime on Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020 at 7 p.m. on ESPN.

The contest will take place at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut. The meeting will be the first regular season showcase the two programs have had since 2007, having met on a consistent basis since 1995.

Tennessee and UConn are regarded as the two most historic and successful programs in women’s college basketball history, racking up 19 national championship crowns between the both of them.

A portion of the proceeds from the game will go towards the Pat Summitt Foundation, as well as the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

The following season, the 2020-21 season, UConn will travel to Knoxville to play the Lady Vols on their home floor at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The 2020 edition of the game will be the first between Tennessee first-year head coach Kellie Harper and UConn head coach Gino Auriemma, although Harper had previously experienced the rivalry as a player from 1995 to 1999.