Former Tennessee women’s basketball star Kara Lawson will be joining the coaching ranks in the NBA as an assistant coach under Brad Stevens with the Boston Celtics.

The hire was first reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski Thursday.

Lawson, who was a basketball analyst for ESPN, played for Pat Summitt from 1999-2003 before embarking on a 13-year WNBA career with the Sacramento Monarchs, Connecticut Sun and Washington Mystics.

Lawson was part of a WNBA championship team with the Monarchs in 2005.

In 2008, Lawson participated in the Olympic Games in Beijing, China where she helped Team USA to a gold medal finish.

As for Lawson’s broadcasting career, the Alexandria, Virginia native became the first-ever woman to work as an analyst on a nationwide NBA broadcast in 2007. In 2017, Lawson was named the primary television analyst for the Washington Wizards, becoming one of the first female TV analysts for an NBA team.

After Tennessee parted ways with former head coach Holly Warlick, Lawson, 38, was considered by some as a possible replacement before fellow former player Kellie Harper was hired in April.

Prior to being hired by the Celtics, Lawson served as a coach for the USA Basketball’s 3-on-3 teams, which are currently competing and prepping for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

Lawson will now join a group of women who are currently serving, or will be serving in an assistant coaching capacity this season. Others include Beck Hammon (San Antonio Spurs), Jenny Boucek (Dallas Mavericks) and Lindsay Gottlieb (Cleveland Cavaliers).