Lady Vols focused on 'taking care of ball' against Auburn

Tennessee junior center Isabelle Harrison absorbs contact and attempts a layup in the Lady Vols' 75-71 loss to Kentucky at Thompson-Boling Arena on Sunday.

Former Lady Vol Isabelle Harrison was named the Associated Press’ WNBA Comeback Player of the Year on Wednesday.

Harrison played for the Tennessee women’s basketball team from 2011-2015 and is currently a forward with the WNBA’s Dallas Wings franchise.

After sitting out all of the 2018 season due to medical reasons, Harrison completed her first season with the Wings, averaging 8.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.1 steals while playing more than 25 minutes per game.

The 6-foot-3 Nashville native started 29 of the Wings’ 31 total games and lead the team in rebounding, while finishing fourth in scoring in just her third active season in the WNBA.

During her time in Knoxville, Harrison was a two-time AP Honorable Mention All-American selection, a two-time Coaches All-SEC First Team selection and the 2014 SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament MVP. Harrison was also a four-year member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll.

Following her successful collegiate career, Harrison was selected No. 12 overall by the Phoenix Mercury in the 2015 WNBA Draft, but sat out her first season with a lingering knee injury sustained during her freshman season at Tennessee.

In 2016, Harrison scored appeared in 26 games for the Mercury before being traded to San Antonio ahead of the 2017 season. With the Stars, she started in 33 of 34 games before the franchise uprooted to Las Vegas in 2018.