The Tennessee women’s golf team is set to begin its 26th season at the 2017 Ocean Course Invitational in Kiawah Island, South Carolina, which will last from Monday, September 4 through Tuesday, September 5.

16 teams will compete in the event, three of which participated in the 2017 NCAA Championship (North Carolina, Florida State, and Wake Forest). 

The schools participating include Boston College, Charleston Southern, College of Charleston, Elon, Florida State, Maryland, Mississippi, Mississippi State, North Carolina, NC State, North Florida, Tennessee, University of Central Florida, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. 

Tennessee will bring five team-golfers and one individual to the event. 

Senior Anna Newell (career average 73.08), freshman Mariah Smith, senior Blakesly Warren (career avg. 74.57) , sophomore Michaela Williams (career avg. 74.03), and freshman Waverly Whiston (freshman) round out the team, while junior Ariana Macioce will represent Tennessee individually. 

Tennessee is coached by Judi Pavon, who is entering her 18th season at the helm of the program. She was honored as the 2006 SEC Coach of the Year and has led the Vols to NCAA Championship-appearances in ten of the last fourteen seasons.

Pavon led the Vols to an 87-58-4 overall record in 2016-2017, including a seventh-place finish at the SEC Championships and an eighth-place finish at the NCAA Athens Creek Regional.

This is the first year of the Ocean Course Invitational, and it will be hosted by the College of Charleston. 

The Ocean Course itself has hosted the 2007 Senior PGA and 2012 PGA Championships, and is set to host the 2021 PGA Championship. It is only the fourth course to host all of the PGA of America’s major championships. 

Due to its seaside location, the Ocean Course is heralded as the windiest course in the world outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland. The course itself is 6,109 yards long and has a par of 73. 

The course includes more seaside holes than any other Northern Hemisphere-course.

The tournament will kick off at 8:15 a.m. on Monday, beginning with a shotgun start. On Tuesday, the final round is set to start at 8:30 a.m., with the awards presentation immediately following the final round. 

Live stats will be available at golfstat.com and updates will be posted on the tournament central page at the conclusion of each round.