Vols vs Texas A&M
Jordan Bowden, #23, shoots a three pointer during the game against Texas A&M on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Tomorrow, Tennessee will play their fourth straight Tuesday night tip as Arkansas comes to Thompson-Boling Arena for the first of two matchups between the Vols and the Razorbacks.

Here are few storylines to watch for when Tennessee and Arkansas tip off.

Coming off losses

Both teams enter this game having lost three of their past four games, including a loss on Saturday. The Razorbacks sit at 4-6 in the conference, but their past two games they lost in overtime. This includes a near upset of then No. 11 Auburn last Tuesday. The Vols are currently 5-5 in conference after tight Kentucky loss. Against the Wildcats, Tennessee had flashes of success and at one the Vols had pulled within four, but Kentucky was too much for Tennessee to handle.

“We talked about getting off to a better start,” Vols coach Rick Barnes said “so we need our bench, because there's no doubt that I thought we had guys that played too many minutes. But, when you're behind and you're trying to get back in the game and you know you're playing against a team that can explode on you as I think that any team in our league can, we don't want to put our bench players into a situation where they're the ones trying to play catch up.”

Vescovi improving turnovers

When Santiago Vescovi arrived at Tennessee, in his first two games, he turned the ball over 13 times. Since then, Vescovi has steadily improved in that respect. During the two most recent games, the freshman is averaging only two turnovers a game.

“I think some of his breakdowns on Saturday were because of fatigue,” Barnes said "but he's going to have to improve there, and he will. I don't think there's any part of what he is doing that hasn't gotten better. I also don't think there's any question that he will continue to get better because he loves the game. He works at it and he truly wants to be as good as he can be.”

Bowden fixing his offensive woes

Despite great play on the defensive end of the court, Bowden has found himself in the middle of an offensive slump recently. Twice during late January and early February, Bowden had two games where he went scoreless in the first half. Since then, Bowden has seemingly turned it around, shooting 10-29, a respectable rate for someone coming out of a slump. However, Bowden has yet to regain his three-point shooting, going 1-10 from outside the arc in the past two games.

“I just think when Jordan struggles it's when he tries to do too much.” said Barnes “We haven't asked him to go out their score tons or go out and do this or that. We just want him to play in the flow of what we are doing. He's had some looks that I'm sure he thinks he should make, and everybody thinks he should and that's part of it. But, overall defensively I don't think we can complain about him in any game this year.”

Broadcast

Tipoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on SEC Network.