Tennessee Volleyball vs. the University of Kentucky

Tennessee's Asha Phillips (4) prepares to serve the ball during the Tennessee and Kentucky volleyball game on Thursday, October 17, 2019 Thompson-Boling Arena at the University Tennessee, Knoxville.

The Lady Vols volleyball team faces a pair of SEC opponents this week in Ole Miss and Georgia.

Tennessee plays Ole Miss on Friday at 6:30 PM and Georgia on Sunday at 1:30 PM.

The Lady Vols are coming off of a loss to No. 13 Florida, falling in four sets to the Gators (18-25, 20-25, 25-20, 17-25). The loss dropped Tennessee to 9-11 overall and 3-7 in the SEC record.

Tennessee’s offense was supported by Lily Felts who finished the first set with seven kills, which ties her record of most kills in a set. She finished with a total of 14 kills, her sixth time accomplishing double digit kills this season, and pitched in 10 digs for her second double-double of the season.

Teammate Tessa Grubbs recorded the most kills on her team that match with 22, making it the fifth time this season that Grubbs has eclipsed the 20 kill mark and the second time in her last three matches. She is only 50 more kills away from breaking into the top 10 in Tennessee’s program history.

In the match against the Gators, Grubbs passed Michelle Piandosi for 12th for the program’s all-time kill list.

Ole Miss comes to Knoxville off of a loss to No. 16 Kentucky in four sets on Sunday.

The Rebels’ Emily Stroup became the program’s all time rally scoring kills leader. She tallied 23 kills, a season high, giving her a total of 1,421. Stroup was accompanied by Leah Mulkey who added nine kills in the loss.

Junior Lauren Bars registered her league-leading 11th double-double of the season by finishing with 33 assists and 10 digs.

The Rebels defensively were aided by Aubrey Sultemeier’s six blocks. Ole Miss finished the match hitting just .149 as a team and committed 28 errors. However, they were able to serve three aces and out-blocked Kentucky 12 to 11.

Georgia plays the Arkansas Razorbacks on Wednesday, Oct. 30, at home in Stegeman Coliseum. Georgia trails in the all-time series 11-25.

Georgia also has a losing record to Arkansas when playing in Athens, their record currently sits at 7-12. Arkansas has also won eight of the last 10 meetings.

Before their match against Arkansas, Georgia suffered a three set loss to Texas A&M, which snapped Georgia’s six-match winning streak.

In the match, Georgia’s Meghan Donovan secured her eighth double-double of the season by getting 25 assists and 11 digs. Kacie Evans led the Bulldogs with eight kills and also tacked on seven digs.

Georgia has been able to win the first set of their matches 12 times and are 11-1 in those matches with the only loss coming at the hands of Florida.

Georgia sits at 4-4 when they do not win the opening set.

The Bulldogs’ offense ranks in the top three in four major offensive average statistical categories in the SEC. The categories include aces (1.59), assists (12.91), kills (13.82), and attacks (34.71).

As a team, Georgia is first in the SEC assists (981), kills (1,050), and aces (121).