Volleyball vs. Texas A&M

Erica Treiber, #7, goes up to spike the ball during game against Texas A&M on Nov. 4, 2018 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

No. 22 Tennessee (24-5, 15-2 SEC) defeated the No. 13 Lady Gators (23-6, 14-3 SEC) in straight sets on Wednesday (25-22, 25-16, 25-21). The win moved the Lady Vols in to sole possession of second place in the SEC behind Kentucky. The Lady Wildcats are undefeated in the conference.

It was their first sweep over Florida since 1988.

The Lady Vols improved their record at home to 13-1 and stretched their winning streak to 10. Tennessee was tied for 2nd in the SEC with Florida coming into the match.

"Winning 3-0 in front of a great crowd is always an amazing feeling,” Coach Tyler Adams said.

The Lady Vols beat Florida soundly on Wednesday, thanks to their offensive performance and a couple individual standouts. Tennessee held the Lady Gators to a .118 hitting percentage, well below their average season clip of .258 hitting percentage.

The Lady Vols were led by freshmen on the offensive end Wednesday. Danielle Mahaffey led the team in kills with 11 while Lily Felts recorded nine of her own. Senior Erica Treiber was second on the team in kills with ten and the Lady Vols recorded three services aces to one.

"With the passers passing the way they did, it really created so much room at the net and the players on the other side really don't know who the ball is going to,” Treiber said.

Sedona Hansen and Callie Williams were facilitators on the night, recording 19 and 18 assists respectively. Williams also made noise on the defensive end, tying for a lead in digs with 13.

The team defense for the Lady Vols was another bright spot for the coaching staff. Tennessee’s average was 2.667 digs above their average for the year.

Madison Coulter also made her individual presence felt on the defensive end, recording 13 digs of her own. Felts was all over the floor, recording another nine digs of her team. Treiber recorded five blocks in the winning effort.

The Lady Vols are on track to have their best season as a program since 2011. With a win over a program like Florida, Tennessee is eyeing their first postseason berth since 2012.

The Lady Vols are one game away from postseason play and are among the hottest teams in the country tight now. Winners of 10 straight, they have one more challenge against Ole Miss on Saturday at 1 p.m. They beat the Lady Rebels in Oxford on November 2nd.

“It is a long process and we have been striving to improve every practice and every time we go out and play,” Adams said. “It's nice to see that the hard work we are putting in inside of the gym every day is putting us in the right direction.”