Volleyball vs Ole Miss

Erica Treiber, #7, spikes the ball during game against Ole Miss on Nov. 24, 2018 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The Tennessee Volleyball team looked way ahead of schedule last season in Eve Rackham’s head coaching debut.

The Lady Vols finished 26-6 overall, as well as an impressive 16-2 mark in SEC play. Their season ended in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Last season, they were ranked in 13 of the 16 total polls over the final six weeks of the season.

Their 2018 success coupled with high expectations for 2019 landed Tennessee at No. 19 in the annual AVCA Preseason Top-25.

The rankings makes it just the 8th time in program history that the Lady Vols have been ranked in the AVCA Preseason Poll and the No. 19 billing is their highest mark since the 2012 season.

The American Volleyball Coaches Association Poll is voted on by collegiate volleyball coaches who have active memberships with the AVCA.

Tennessee opens their season on Aug. 24 with an exhibition match versus High Point University at Thompson-Boling Arena.

As for the rest of their schedule, the Lady Vols are set to face No. 6 Illinois-who reached the Final Four in 2018-as well as other AVCA Top-25 teams Florida (No. 10), Kentucky (No. 7) and Baylor (No. 20).