• Staff Report
  • ()

The Tennessee cross country/track and field program recently signed nine new faces on to the team’s roster for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. The newcomers will include five men and four women, ranging from long jumpers and sprinters to long-distance cross country athletes.

• Cody Underwood, Contributor
  • ()

Each year, thousands of high school students apply for college with the desire to leave home and be free from parental supervision. For some, the prospect of eating cereal and pancakes for dinner without being given that scolding look from their parents makes for a pretty effective motivator.

• McKenzie Sherman, Contributor
  • ()

With dual citizenship in the United States and Liberia, Tennessee soccer player and track and field athlete Maya Neal considers both locations her home.

• Staff Report
  • ()

On Wednesday, Tennessee track and field junior Christian Coleman was named the USTFCCCA National Outdoor Runner of the Year by the coaches association.

• David Bradford, Staff Writer
  • ()

Tennessee graduate Justin Gatlin made history Sunday, August 14 after capturing a silver medal in the 100m dash, becoming the first American track and field athlete to capture three medals of any kind in the event.

• Shane Switzer, Staff Writer
  • ()

With an almost preseason-like competition in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and a training week out of the way, Tennessee’s track and field team is ready to get back to work.

• Shane Switzer, Staff Writer
  • ()

Going into the 2016 NCAA Indoor National Championships, head coach Beth Alford-Sullivan believed that her track and field team could make some noise.

• Shane Switzer, Contributor
  • ()

In 2008 Tennessee had 21 entries into the NCAA Track and Field National Championships. This year the Vols have 14 entries, the most since that 2008 season. Tennessee heads to the 2016 Indoor National Championships in Birmingham, Ala. ranked No. 6 on the men’s side and No.7 on the women’s sid…

• Shane Switzer, Staff Writer
  • ()

A busy month of February continues for the Tennessee track and field program with a trip to Seattle, WA. and Fayetteville, Ark. on the books this weekend.Tennessee will send four distance runners, seniors Chelsea Blasse and Austin Whitelaw and freshmen Zach Long and Tyler Woodrome out to Was…

• Shane Switzer, Staff Writer
  • ()

Fifteen men and women from the Tennessee Cross Country team will make the trip to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for the NCAA South Region Cross Country Championships which will take place on Friday Nov. 13.

• Jesse Bellew, Contributor
  • ()

The Pyramid Deli & Cafe is a small, family-owned restaurant about 15 minutes down the road on Kingston Pike. It’s not a classic deli, though — it’s actually one of the tastiest Mediterranean food restaurants I’ve ever had the mouth-tingling pleasure to eat at.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!