On Friday, the University of Tennessee track and field team finished with 15 top-5 finishes at the 52nd Tennessee Relays. Lenysse Dyer (women’s 400m), Alonie Sutton (women’s long jump) and Zach Long (men’s 1500m) won event titles for the Vols at Tom Black Track.

This weekend at the 2019 NCAA Indoor National Championships, eight Tennessee track and field standouts competed in nine events. Tennessee's eight participants were its most since sending nine individuals and two relays squads in 2016.

As Saturday drew to a close, the Tennessee track team headed home from Virginia where they competed in the Hokie Invitational at Virginia Tech. Day one of the invitational consisted of 17 NCAA Indoor personal records for the Tennessee runners. The Vols were also able to obtain 12 new persona…

It was a tough race for the Vols in Tallahassee, Florida today as the men finished third in team standings, while the women finished seventh. For the women, they moved up in standings from last year and junior Megan Murray was able to finish in the top-ten for the 6K. On the men’s side, the …

This Friday the Vols took to Madison, Wisconsin where they faced off against some of the best cross-country runners throughout the nation. They raced at The Thomas Zimmer Cross Country Course, which host the 2018 NCAA championships that will take place on November 17.

Tennessee men’s and women’s cross-country teams are coming home to Knoxville with some victories under their belts after today’s pre-season meet at Auburn. With both team and individual titles earned, the Vols are looking more and more prepared for their upcoming races.

The Tennessee track and field athletes, following a successful performance in the Tennessee Relays, which featured wins in five events for Tennessee, parted ways to participate in their own respective events over the weekend.

On a windy Thursday afternoon, the Tennessee track and field team hosted the 51st Annual Tennessee Relays at the newly renovated Tom Black Track at LaPorte Stadium. The Volunteers competed with athletes from 14 other schools for superiority in the meet.

Tennessee director of track and field and cross country Beth Alford-Sullivan and her team will play host this weekend to the Tennessee Relays at Tom Black Track in LaPorte Stadium from Thursday through Saturday.

The Tennessee track and field team competed at the SEC Indoor Championships in College Station, TX, this past weekend with a strong performance from junior sprinter Mustaqeem Williams that allowed the Vols to leave the championships with a gold medal.

The Tennessee track and field team will split up on Friday, with some athletes heading back to compete at Clemson and others traveling to Seattle to compete in the Husky Classic hosted by the University of Washington.

The Tennessee cross country/track and field program recently signed nine new faces on to the team’s roster for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. The newcomers will include five men and four women, ranging from long jumpers and sprinters to long-distance cross country athletes.

Each year, thousands of high school students apply for college with the desire to leave home and be free from parental supervision. For some, the prospect of eating cereal and pancakes for dinner without being given that scolding look from their parents makes for a pretty effective motivator.

With dual citizenship in the United States and Liberia, Tennessee soccer player and track and field athlete Maya Neal considers both locations her home.

Despite taking home silver medals in the men’s 100m and men’s 4x100 at the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London, former Tennessee sprinter Christian Coleman’s mind is still on college.

On Wednesday, Tennessee track and field junior Christian Coleman was named the USTFCCCA National Outdoor Runner of the Year by the coaches association.

As the school year winds down, the pressure intensifies for Tennessee’s track and field team, which is gearing up for its greatest challenge thus far in the season.

Tennessee graduate Justin Gatlin made history Sunday, August 14 after capturing a silver medal in the 100m dash, becoming the first American track and field athlete to capture three medals of any kind in the event.

With an almost preseason-like competition in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and a training week out of the way, Tennessee’s track and field team is ready to get back to work.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!