Christian Coleman and Shania Collins earned MVP Honors at Virginia Tech “Doc Hale” Elite Meet.

The events took place on Friday and Saturday at Rector Field House.

Coleman blazed through the competition setting a fieldhouse record in the 60m dash with a time of 6.51. That time makes him the 2017 world leader in that event.

After winning the 60m on Friday, Collins picked up where she left off. Collins tied her personal record and won the 200m in 23.63. Maia McCoy took third place in the 200m as well with a time of 23.81.

As a team, Tennessee was nothing short of spectacular. They ended the event with 10 event wins, 22 personal records and 25 top-3 finishes in the two day event.

The women’s 4x4 400m team of Layla White, Shania Collins, Brooklyn Broadwater and Maia McCoy in a time of 3:43.24. Cidae’a Woods won the triple jump competition with a personal record of 12.69m. With that effort, she leaped forth into the school all-time record book.

Brielyn Rogers also set a season-high in the triple jump, as she jumped 12.42m. This gave her a third place finish. LaChyna Roe finished sixth in this event with a mark of 12.15m.

Domonique Turner took second place in the high jump competition. Turner cleared 1.64m on her final attempt.

The women were also impressive in the shot put competition. Stamatia Scarvelis threw the shot put 16.11m, which gave the Vols a second place finish. Freshman Tamia Crockett also chimed in on the effort, setting a new personal best with a throw of 14.43m. She finished in sixth place in the event.

The men were also very impressive. Freshman Marcellus Fletcher set a personal record in the triple jump as he leaped 15.01m on his fifth jump and finished third.

Darryl Sullivan took second place in the high jump as he cleared in 2.14m

Malik Elion claimed second place in the 200m dash with a time of 21.84. This was a new personal best. Adam Johnston finished in fourth place in the mile run. He finished with a personal best time of 4:19.19.

The Vols were very successful on the track, and they look to continue to improve on this impressive effort.