The Tennessee men’s golf team was tied for 10th with a score of 3-under before the beginning of the third round of the 3M Augusta Invitational at Forest Hills Golf Club in Georgia on Sunday.

However, the Vols posted a final round score of 7-over 295, which forced them down into a 12th place finish at the event.

The team’s final round score was its worst of the tournament, and the Vols were one of the six teams in the 15-team field to finish the tournament over par.

Tennessee actually had most of their success on par 3s and par 5s, racking up a combined 22-under on par 5s and 8-over on par 3s, which ended up being the third-best total of any team in the field.

However, par 4s were the Vols’ worst nightmares. Tennessee shot a combined 34-over on par 4 holes throughout the tournament. This put them as the second-worst of any team in the field with Mercer being one spot below the Vols at 41-over on such holes.

Despite having the fourth-most birdies in the tournament with 58, the Vols had the fewest amount of pars with 145.

Tennessee junior Lorenzo Scalise led the Vols with a final score of 3-under 213. Scalise’s final score was tied for 19th among all individuals in the tournament. The weekend featured 14 birdies for Scalise.

Freshman Nolan Ray also did well with a final score at 2-under 214. Ray finished strong with his last round at 2-under 70 which propelled him from 39th place to his final position of 25th. He posted 13 birdies over the duration of the tournament and tied for the best finish on par 5 holes with a combined 9-under.

Senior Juan Carlos Serrano finished with a final score at 216 or even-par. The score put him tied for 35th on the tournament. Like Scalise, Serrano tallied 14 birdies over the tournament.

Freshman players Jake Meenhorst and Rhys Nevin rounded out the Vols, scoring finishing 73rd and 75th, respectively.

Central Florida claimed the title, finishing first at 28-under 836, Wake Forest followed with a score of 24-under 840 and New Mexico placed third at 21-under 843.

Illinois' Dylan Meyer finished with the best individual score of the tournament at 11-under 205. Wake Forest’s Will Zalatoris and UCF’s Bobby Bai tied for second at 10-under 206. Zalatoris and Meyer were ranked 4th and 19th in Golfweek’s Top 50 players.

Tennessee will compete next in the SEC Championship on April 21 in St. Simons Island, Georgia. The tournament will be held at the Sea Island Golf Club’s Seaside Course and last until April 24.