Preston Touliatos

Preston Touliatos warms up for his match against Texas A&M on March 23, 2018.

Four Tennessee tennis players competed this weekend in the Crimson Tide Four-in-the-Fall Championships.

The tournaments included players from eight universities including Oklahoma, Memphis and Tulane. The three-day event included two solo tournaments and two doubles tournaments.

Tennessee enjoyed success in the solo tournaments as three of the four Vols’ players advanced to the winners bracket.

Redshirt senior All-American Preston Touliatos advanced to the semifinals of the Crimson Draw with wins over Rice’s Karol Pulach and Memphis’ Matt Story.

Touliatos fell to Damian Rodriguez of Princeton in the semifinals on Saturday, 6-2, 2-6, 6-2. The Birmingham native defeated Rice’s Jacob Eskaland in consecutive sets to finish third in the 16 player bracket.

Touliatos finished with a 20-13 (4-7 SEC) record in singles play last season. He also went 24-7 (6-2) in doubles matches.

Princeton’s Ryan Seggerman defeated Tennessee’s Luca Wiedenmann 6-3, 7-6(4) on Friday afternoon drawing Wiedenmann in the consolation bracket.

Wiedenmann earned his first win of the year with a 7-6(3), 6-1 victory over Jochen Bertsch. Wiedenmann split his last two matches of the event including a win over Oklahoma’s Mason Beiler.

Pat Harper starred for Tennessee making it all the way to the Houndstooth Draw final. Harper was the captain of his high school team. His brother, Mitch, plays tennis for Virginia Tech and was a First Team All-ACC member last season.

The freshman won his first college match, defeating Oklahoma’s Stefano Tsorotiotis Friday. The Brisbane, Australia, native went on to defeat Eric Wagner (Tulane) and Oscar Cutting (Memphis) before falling to Alabama’s Ricardo Roberto, 6-3, 2-6, 6-1 in Sunday’s Championship.

Tennessee’s Sean Preston defeated Tulane’s Akos Kotorman in two sets before losing in the quarterfinals to Max Stewart (Oklahoma). Preston went on to defeat Payton Holden (Princeton) and Davey Roberts (Princeton) to finish fifth in the Houndstooth draw.

Tennessee’s doubles teams didn’t share as much success as neither pair could make it to the winners bracket.

Harper and Touliatos narrowly fell to Princeton’s Rodriguez/Seggerman 8-6. The pair bounced back well as they ran the table, winning the consolation bracket in the Crimson Draw.

Tennessee’s Preston/Wiedenman dropped their first two matches in the Houndstooth draw to Memphis’ Cutting/Stephenson 8-4, and Miami’s Grattan-Smith/Shimamoto 8-7(2).

The Vols will head separate ways this week as they travel to the Milwaukee Tennis Classic and Gamecock Invitational. Some players will go to Milwaukee from Sept. 20-23 and others will head to the Gamecock Invitational from Sept. 21-23.