Chris Woodruff

Men's Tennis head coach, Chris Woodruff, speaks to his team before the singles rounds against Texas A&M on Mar. 22, 2018. 

The Tennessee men's tennis team had a successful outing at the Crimson Tide Four-In-The-Fall in Tuscaloosa on Friday.

Both Tennessee doubles teams advanced to Sunday's finals, thanks to wins by Vols duo freshman Jordan Chrysostom and sophomore Martim Prata. The two defeated Ole Miss' Lukas Engelhardt and Tim Sandkaulen, 8-6 in the opening round of the Crimson Bracket.

In the second round, Chrysostom and Prata also topped South Alabama's Loic Cloes and Clement Marzol, 8-4.

On Sunday, they will face Alexey Nestervo and Riccardo Roberto of Alabama in the doubles final.

Across the court in the Houndstooth Bracket, Tennessee sophomore Mason Meier and freshman Finn Stodder beat Alabama's Marcelo Sepulveda Garza and Avi Shugar, 8-6.

They went on to beat Ole Miss' Jan Soren Hain and Simon Junk, 8-5 to punch their ticket to the doubles finals in their bracket. They will take on Michal Lusovsky and Roman Postolka of UAB on Sunday.

The four finished with a 2-2 mark in singles action, with Stodder and Chrysostom notching their first wins of their collegiate careers. 

In the first round, Stodder defeated Tulane's Dane Esses in the Crimson draw with a three-set victory of 2-6, 6-4 and 6-2.

In the Houndstooth draw, Chrysostom beat Henry Lovett, also of Tulane. The freshman standout won in three sets, 6-3, 4-6 and 7-5. Chrysostom will go against Junk, while Stodder will face Sankaulen on Saturday at 10 a.m. 

The winner of those matches will advance to the semifinal round on Saturday afternoon. 

As for Prata, he was defeated by Roberto, 6-7 and 2-6 in the Crimson draw, while Meier fell to Mark Mandlik, 6-1 and 6-1 in the Houndstooth bracket.