Alison Ojeda

Head coach, Alison Ojeda, during the women's tennis match against Auburn on Mar. 29, 2018.

The Tennessee women's tennis team improved to 5-1 Sunday afternoon, sweeping Indiana on the road, 4-0.

"This has been a good weekend for our Lady Vols," head coach Allison Ojeda said. "We learned a lot on Friday, practiced those specifics on Saturday and came out today and executed them. Our program is improving everyday and we are a fun team to watch compete."

The Lady Vols went to quick work Sunday with a pair of doubles wins.

Tennessee's Carly Briggs and Ariadna Riley quickly dispatched Indiana's Michelle McKamey and Mila Mejic, 6-2.

Rebeka Mertena and Johanna Silva would clinch the doubles point for the Lady Vols defeating Alexandra Staiculesc and Caitlin Bernard, 6-1.

"We have done a great job starting off matches with energy and determination," Ojeda said. "When we focus on those two tasks, we give ourselves a great chance to win the doubles point."

Briggs continued her strong play in singles sweeping Staiculescu, 6-2, 6-1.

The Calhoun, Georgia native continues to impress in her first season in Knoxville posting a 12-0 record through the Lady Vols' first six matches.

"This past weekend was a true testament to the hard work our team has put into each and every practice," Briggs said. "Today, we came out and competed from start to finish and took care of business. We're excited for what the rest of the season holds and we can't wait to be back home and in front of our incredible fans."

The rest of the Lady Vols followed Briggs' lead as all three won is straight sets.

No. 70 Staines took care of Bernard winning 6-3, 6-2, while No. 59 Silva clinched the win with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Indiana's Bozovic.

The Lady Vols' will return to the Goodfriend Tennis Center Friday when they host a double header against Tennessee-Martin and Marquette. The match against the in-state foe will begin at 11 a.m. ET with the matchup verse Marquette to follow at 3 p.m.