Volleyball vs. Texas A&M

Tennessee Lady Vols celebrate a point during game against Texas A&M on Nov. 4, 2018 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The No. 22 Tennessee Lady Vols (23-5, 14-2 SEC) picked up their ninth straight win in a row with a four-set victory over the Arkansas Razorbacks (11-15, 5-11 SEC).

After a sluggish start to the first set, the Lady Vols used an 8-2 run to take a 15-11 advantage. The rest of the set would be a tight one, but Tennessee would ultimately claim the set, 25-23.

The Lady Vols converted on 26 percent of their first set attacks. Addisyn Rowe led the way with six kills in the set on a blazing 71 percent hitting. Erica Treiber and Tessa Grubbs were also vital, as they collected five kills and four kills, respectively.

On the defensive end, Lily Felts and Madison Coulter combined for 11 digs for the set.

To start the second set, the Tennessee defense allowed Arkansas to hit at a 41 percent clip, falling behind 8-11. 

The Lady Vols could never regain their footing, as the Razorbacks would never surrender the lead. The final count would come out to be 19-25, as Arkansas hit 39 percent for the set.

Tied at 18-18 in the third set, the Lady Vols would take control of the set, rattling off a 7-2 run to take the third set to go up 2-1 in the match.

Tennessee’s offense found its groove, as they collected 18 kills with only three attack errors in the set. Grubbs, Treiber and Felts all put away five kills in the set.

The fourth set was all about defense for the Lady Vols, as they used it to their advantage to close out the Razorbacks.

Tennessee held Arkansas to an eight percent hitting clip in the set. They also forced the Razorbacks to commit nine attacking errors in the frame. The Lady Vols collected six of their nine blocks in the fourth set alone.

“I think some of it was that it was getting late in the match and we were getting an idea of what they wanted to run in certain situations,” coach Tyler Adams said. “Mostly, it was really was just great execution by our players out there. In the last set, it's nice to get quick points and it's definitely demoralizing to the other team when they are trying to come back.”

Defensively, Tennessee completed the match with 85 digs. Madison Coulter was the leader with 23 digs herself.

Junior Sedona Hansen collected another double-double with 12 digs along with 28 assists to pace the offense.

The Lady Vols’ middle blockers also had a big day. Erica Treiber led the team with 18 kills to go along with four blocks and five digs on the defensive end.

“I think it came within the flow of the offense,” Treiber said. “The libero was really working hard on their side of the net. For us to get the ball to our middles, it was easier for us to hit our angles and score with her in the middle back.”

Sophomore Addisyn Rowe finished the match with 12 kills to go with five blocks at the net. Tennessee is now 7-0 in conference play when Rowe eclipses the double-digit mark.

With the win, the Lady Vols set up a second place showdown with No. 14 Florida on Wednesday in Thompson-Boling Arena. Both teams are 23-5 and 14-2 in conference play.

While Tennessee has been on its own winning streak, the Gators have also been the winners of their last four matches. The first serve is set to take place at 5:00 p.m. ET.