Tennessee Volleyball vs. the University of Kentucky

Tennessee's Sedona Hansen (11) sets the ball as Addisyn Rowe (16) fakes a play during the Tennessee and Kentucky volleyball game on Thursday, October 17, 2019 Thompson-Boling Arena at the University Tennessee, Knoxville.

Trailing 2-1 on the road against the Arkansas Razorbacks didn’t seem to faze the Tennessee Lady Vols volleyball team as they came back to secure a match win in five sets (25-21, 21-25, 23-25, 25-23, 15-8) in Fayetteville on Wednesday night.

Junior middle blocker Addisyn Rowe stepped in for Tennessee (12-12, 6-8 SEC) and delivered a season-high of 16 kills against the Razorbacks (8-17, 2-11 SEC).

Over the last two matches, Rowe has combined with Alyssa Andreno for 5.38 kills per set in the middle. Both players hit .700-plus and combined for 18 kills on Alabama last Sunday.

Rowe wasn’t the only Lady Vol to finish the night with double-figure kills as Lily Felts produced 14 kills and 12 digs throughout the five sets. Five of Felts’ kills came in the fifth set to secure the Tennessee win.

"I just went up knowing that I absolutely had to score,” Felts said. “It was a lot our last ditch effort, our last opportunity to put it out. I knew that every set I got had to either put the other team in a bad situation or had to score. There was no other option."

Tennessee looked to Rowe again after the junior’s two kills gave the Lady Vols match point. After a rally and a Razorback error, Tennessee finished the set 15-8.

Sedona Hansen nearly earned her 13th double-double of the season. She produced a match-high of 49 assists and three aces. Tennessee had six players deliver an ace throughout the match, tallying eight total.

Danielle Mahaffey was one Lady Vol to produce an ace. The outside hitter also posted a team-high of seven blocks to accompany her 11 kills for the night. This is her fourth straight match she has earned double-digit kills.

Tessa Grubbs also produced double-digit kills for the 42nd time in the last 44 matches, earning 12 on the match. She tallied three each in the final two sets to assist in the comeback win.

"We were saying we needed to make one more play,” Felts said. “Just like Coach Rackham always says we just needed one more play. One more kill from the middle, one more ace. We just went into it thinking that if we just go for it on every play, try to make every hustle play and make sure every ball comes up. We knew that would give us the best opportunity to win."

On a three-match winning streak, the Lady Vols are heading into a nine-day break before they’re set for a rematch next against SEC rival Alabama on Nov. 22 in Thompson Boling Arena at 6:30 p.m. (ET). The match will be broadcast on SEC Network plus.