Chris Woodruff

Men's Tennis head coach, Chris Woodruff, speaks to his team before the singles rounds against Texas A&M on Mar. 22, 2018. 

As the fall sports season approaches, several Tennessee sports teams have announced their season schedules.

The latest comes from the men’s tennis team, which released the 2018-2019 schedule on Wednesday. Head coach Chris Woodruff, who is in his second season as the head man at Tennessee, made the announcement.

This season, the Vols will play 15 dual matches, along with hosting two fall tournaments at the Goodfriend Tennis Center. Tennessee is returning six players from last year, including seniors Timo Stodder and Preston Touliatos, who were both All-Americans last year.

Tennessee opens the season with a trip to Alabama, as the Vols will play in the Crimson Tide Four-in-the-Fall from Sept. 14 through Sept. 16. They will follow with a split week, as some players travel to the Milwaukee Tennis Classic and others go to the Gamecock Invitational from Sept. 21 through Sept. 23.

Pre-qualifying for the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) All-American Championships begins on Sept. 29 and qualifying will start on Oct. 1. The main draw, which takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma, starts on Oct.3.

After the ITA Championships, the Vols will be competing in two International Tennis Federation (ITF) Futures events. One takes place in Houston starting on Oct. 6 and the other begins at the end of October in Birmingham.

Tennessee is set to host the ITA Ohio Valley Regional Championships at Goodfriend Tennis Center from Oct. 11 to Oct. 15. Players who advance from the tournament will play in the Oracle ITA National Fall Championships in Surprise, Ariz., in early November.

Along with the ITF Futures matches, some Tennessee players will head to Charlotte, North Carolina for the 49er Invitational on Oct. 28. The following week, the Vols will participate in the Georgia Tech Invitational.

The Goodfriend Tennis Center is also going to host the Knoxville Challenger, a USTA Pro Circuit tournament, in the fall.

After the fall slate wraps up, the Vols will prepare for a hardy spring schedule. The season begins with a doubleheader against Charlotte on Jan. 19.

Tennessee is scheduled to compete in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend at Florida State in late January. It is a four-team, single elimination tournament that results in a bid at the ITA National Indoor Championship in Champaign, Ill.

The Vols play Duke in Orlando, Florida as part of the College MatchDay series at the USTA National Campus on Feb. 9. That match can be seen on ESPN3 at 5:00 p.m.

After the regular season wraps up, Tennessee will travel to Gainesville, Fla. for the SEC Tournament. It is going to be hosted by Florida from April 17 to April 21. Tennessee would then play in the NCAA Championships, pending qualification.