Before Thursday, Louisville had held the Tennessee swimming and diving team to zero victories in the last two seasons when the teams had met for dual meets.

That mark changed on Thursday afternoon when the Vols traveled to Louisville and notched a sweep at Ralph Wright Natatorium.

The No. 15 Vols (5-1) defeated the No. 13 Cardinals 170-130, and the No. 12 Lady Vols (5-1) won 156-144 over No. 11 Louisville.

Kyle DeCoursey led the Vols with a win in the 200 freestyle (1:38.18) and also placed second in the 50 and 100 freestyle.

Several of DeCoursey’s teammates also won individual events for the men’s side.

Matthew Garcia won the 100 backstroke (48.34), Peter John Stevens won the 100 breaststroke (53.93), Taylor Abbott finished first in the 500 freestyle (4:24.61), Ryan Coetzee won the 100 butterfly (47.95), and Sam McHugh also finished first with a win in the 400 IM (3:52.88).

The Tennessee men won the 200 medley relay to kick off the meet.

On the women’s side, the Lady Vols were boosted by three multi-race winners in the meet.

Senior Micah Bohon won the 100 backstroke (54.43) and the 200 backstroke (1:57.15).

“Micah’s really come into her own,” head coach Matt Kredich said. “This year, we needed someone to step up in the backstroke, and she’s stepped up each time.”

Tess Cieplucha won the 500 freestyle (4:48.43) and the 400 IM (4:11.22) while Erika Brown had another quality meet by winning the 100 butterfly (52.70) and the 200 butterfly (1:57.32).

The Lady Vols also won the 200 medley relay.

“We just competed really well from beginning to end,” Kredich said. “We didn’t have any letups as a team. Louisville is probably the most energetic team we have faced this year, and we had to match or exceed their intensity. I thought we did a great job of that.”

The diving teams had another excellent showing for Tennessee as well.

Junior Colin Zeng, who has already won two SEC Diver of the Week awards, won the 1-meter (357.00) and then set a facility record with a season-best 439.65 on the 3-meter.

Liam Stone and Will Hallam rounded out a 1-2-3 sweep in the 3-meter event for the Vols.

“On the 3-meter, it was an epic battle between Colin and Liam (Stone) that came down to the last dive,” diving coach Dave Parrington said. “I was pleased to see Liam find some form as he gets himself into his normal competitive side.”

Rachel Rubadue took first in the 1-meter (300.38) on the women’s side and Ana Celaya Hernandez got the victory in the 3-meter (320.85) for the Lady Vols sweep.

“On women’s 3-meter, Ana Hernandez pulled out a big win in a competitive field with a season-best,” Parrington said. “The 1-meter was during an important part of the women’s meet. The top four or five were throwing great dives, but Rachel came out on top.”

The Vols will now have a break before they compete in the Tennessee Invitational at Jones Aquatic Center from Nov. 30 through Dec. 2.