Swim/Dive - Auburn/Texas

Swimmers line up prior to their heat at the double dual meet against Auburn and Texas at Allan Jones Intercollegiate Aquatic Center on Nov. 9, 2018.

Following a successful 2018-19 Swimming & Diving season in which both the Tennessee men’s and women’s teams finished in the top 15, both squads recently received awards for their performance on the academic front.

On Tuesday, the College Swimming and Diving Coaches Association announced that the Tennessee Swimming & Diving team had been named to the Scholar All-American Teams for the Spring 2019 semester.

The College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) was founded in 1922 as the first organization of college coaches, and serves to provide leadership and advancement among athletes and coaches at the collegiate swimming level.

According to the CSCAA, teams that finish the previous semester with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible for the award. This past Spring, the women’s team completed with a 3.44 GPA, their highest since the 2016 season, while the men’s team finished a 3.04 average.

Tennessee was just one of a total of 777 teams from 480 schools from both the NCAA and Junior College levels that were also recognized by the organization.

CSCAA Executive Director Greg Earhart was especially impressed with Tennessee, stating, “Coach Matt Kredich has really created a model for success that enables both men’s and women’s teams to thrive.”

The CSCAA plans to announce individual All-American honors next week.