Softball vs. North Carolina

#10, Aubrey Leach slides to third base during the NCAA Regional Final against the University of North Carolina on Sunday, May 19, 2019.

It’s been less than a week since Tennessee softball’s season ended just short of the Women’s College World Series, but in that time, senior shortstop Aubrey Leach has been racking up the postseason accolades.

After being named both a NFCA Third Team and Senior CLASS Second Team All-American selection earlier this week, Leach was tabbed a Softball America First Team All-American on Thursday.

The NFCA honor was the second time in Leach’s Tennessee career that she was recognized by the coaches’ association.During Leach’s senior campaign, the Woodland, TX native batted .411 on 72 hits, 23 RBI and scored 65 runs. Her .411 batting average lead the team, as did her 44 walks and 20 stolen bases.Leach leaves Knoxville as the program’s all-time leader in runs scored with 255 and walks at 164.

With the selection, Leach joins a long line of Lady Vol softball All-Americans, a number that now totals 37 in program history. The SEC cleaned up well in All-American selections, as Leach was one of five selections from the conference.

The SEC and PAC-12 tied with the most selections through three teams at 17 total. On Tuesday, Leach signed with Scrap Yard Fast Pitch, a professional softball league located in Texas.