Softball vs. North Carolina

#12, Caylan Arnold prepares to pitch during the NCAA Regional Final against the University of North Carolina on Sunday, May 19, 2019.

Caylan Arnold’s collegiate softball career is certainly not over, but it looks like her time with Tennessee has come to a close.

According to a report by Rhiannon Potkey of the "Knoxville News Sentinel" late Sunday, the Maryville native plans to transfer after three seasons with the Lady Vols program.

Arnold plans to seek immediate eligibility and will not transfer to an SEC program, the report states.

After a promising freshman campaign in 2017, Arnold was named SEC Freshman of the Year. She finished with a 20-9 mark that season, as well as a 2.01 ERA to go along with 144 strikeouts.

Most recently, Arnold helped lead Tennessee to a super regional appearance, where the Lady Vols came up just one game shy of the Women’s College World Series.

In 2019, Arnold was 11-8 overall, tallying 102 strikeouts in over a hundred innings pitched. She completed the season with a 2.26 ERA.

In a game two, super regional win over Florida on May 25, Arnold went nine innings, stringing together 7 strikeouts and giving up just one run in a 3-2 decision.

All-time, Arnold finishes her Tennessee career with a 57-23 record, a 2.15 ERA and 473 strikeouts. She pitched 22 complete games and six shutouts.

While Arnold’s transfer destination remains unclear, the "Knoxville News Sentinel" report indicates that Arnold has already received interest from other programs and is taking time to find the right fit.

With the transfer of Arnold and the departure of senior Matty Moss, the only pitcher left on Tennessee’s roster that saw significant playing time in the circle in 2019 was freshman Ashley Rogers who compiled a 21-7 record this past season.

Rogers will be joined by Tennessee signees Callie Turner, Anna Hazelwood and Kiki Milloy.