Soccer vs Texas A&M

Salera Jordan, #24, dribbles the ball during game against Texas A&M during game on Nov. 18, 2018 at Regal Soccer Stadium.

The 2018 season saw the Tennessee soccer team reach new heights as a program by punching its ticket to the Final Four for the first time in program history.

Tennessee finished with a 16-3-3 overall mark, completing a top 10 finish in all of the major polls, including No. 8 in the final NCAA RPI rankings.

Coming off that historic campaign, Tennessee head coach Brian Pensky revealed their 2019 spring schedule on Monday.

The Vols will play five matches, four of which they will host at Regal Stadium during March and April.

“This is an important spring for us,” Pensky said. “Lots of opportunities for kids to step up and grow, since we are without a number of players due to graduation and offseason injuries. We’re excited about the opportunities these kids will have to take the necessary steps forward.

“I’m confident they will show their teammates that they can be effective and help us when games are at this level.”

On March 8, Tennessee will welcome Chattanooga to Regal Stadium for a match, beginning at 7:00 p.m. Three weeks later, the Vols are set to play Indiana at home on Saturday, March 20, at 3:00 p.m.

Staying in Knoxville, Tennessee will take on 2018 Atlantic Sun Conference champion and in-state foe Lipscomb on April 5, at 7:00 p.m.

The Vols will see a more familiar face in Alabama when they travel to Tuscaloosa to play the Crimson Tide at the Alabama Soccer Stadium on April 13 before another home match against Kennesaw State to close out the spring exhibition season on April 20 at 2:00 p.m.

While Tennessee will feel the departures of players such as All-American Bunny Shaw, the Vols will return some important piece in All-SEC players Katie Cousins, Maya Neal, Erin Gilroy and M.A. Vignola.

The most recent 2019 class signed by Pensky and company ranks No. 6 in the nation according to TopDrawerSoccer.

The 2019 regular season schedule has yet to be announced.