The Vols vs. SE Louisiana
#9 Michelle Alozie for the Tennessee Volunteers playing against SE Louisiana at Regal Stadium on Thursday September 5, 2019.

Michelle Alozie becomes the latest Tennessee soccer player to join the professional ranks, as she has signed with BIIK Kazygurt, the 13-time national champion of Kazakhstan, Thursday. Alozie spent the past season at Tennessee as a graduate transfer after three years at Yale University.

BIIK Kazygurt, based in Shymkent, Kazakhstan, plays in the Kazakhstani Championship and will also compete in the UEFA Women's Champions League this year.

BIIK Kazygurt is the seven-time defending national champion. The club also progressed to the round of 16 in this year’s edition of the Women’s Champions League before falling to Bayern Munich.

During her only season with the Lady Vols, Alozie finished with three goals in 17 matches, a tally good enough to be the team’s second leading scorer. Alozie, who is originally from Apple Valley, California, grabbed those scores against Arkansas, Southeastern Louisiana and Columbia, her former Ivy League rival.

Before transferring to Tennessee, Alozie shined for three years on the Yale women’s soccer team. In her junior season, Alozie was named Co-Offensive Player of the Year in Ivy League and was a unanimous first-team all-conference selection.

During that spectacular junior season, Alozie racked up nine goals, five assists and 23 points. Alozie graduated from Yale after that season with a bachelor’s degree in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology. She has indicated that her goal is to become a cardiologist after she retires from soccer.

This signing makes seven active professional Lady Vols soccer alumnae. Alozie joins forwards Bunny Shaw (Bordeaux) and Hannah Wilkinson (Sporting CP), midfielder Carlyn Baldwin (Sporting CP), defender Maya Neal (Le Havre AC), forward/defender MA Vignola (Thróttur FC) and goalkeeper (Santa Teresa CD).