Lady Vols vs. Florida
Maya Neal, #32, passes the ball across the field at Regal Stadium during a match on Thursday, October 24, 2019.

Tennessee soccer added another professional alum to their record Monday as Maya Neal signed with Le Havre AC in Le Havre, France.

Neal will start her career with the French side as they are roughly halfway in the 2019-20 campaign. Le Harve sits at second in the standings of the French second division, having tallied 28 points and a 9-1-1 record to this point.

Neal finishes her five seasons on Rocky Top as highly decorated player. She is only the second player in program history to be named to the All-SEC and United Coaches All-Region team, with four total first team honors. Through her career, Neal started 79 matches and was apart of 34 shutouts during the 2016-2019 seasons.

Neal started her Vols career as a forward, but pressed into service as a defender in game when Tennessee were short-handed. She finished the season in defense and earned SEC All-Freshman team honors.

Her sophomore season was Neal’s first full season at defender, starting all 21 matches. The Vols earned their first NCAA Tournament berth since 2012 and the defense earned 10 shutouts.

Tennessee’s historic 2018 season featured Neal heavily. Neal led the outfield players in playing time with 1810 minutes and anchoring a defensive line that set school season records for fewest goals allowed (15) and shutouts (12).

In her senior season, Neal started every match and played every minute of SEC conference play, which three included shutout victories.

Neal joins five other Vols Soccer alumni in the professional ranks, Carlyn Baldwin (midfielder, Sporting CP), Hannah Wilkinson (forward, Sporting CP), Bunny Shaw (forward, Bordeaux), Shae Yanez (goalkeeper, Washington Spirit), and MA Vignola (forward/defender, Thróttur FC), who will also be starting her professional career this January.