Vols Basketball vs Vanderbilt

Tennessee basketball fell to Arkansas 86-69 in Bud Walton Arena. The star for the Razorbacks was Mason Jones who scored 37 points in the victory.

For the Vols, senior Jordan Bowden was the leading scorer for the third consecutive game, shooting 7-16 from the field, good enough for 19 points in the losing effort.

Tennessee got off to an atrocious beginning, with Arkansas controlling the game's early minutes. After the first six minutes of the game, the Razorbacks led the Vols by an astounding 16-3, 11 of those points scored by Jones.

Tennessee started to claw back the deficit with 8-0, with an over four minute run to bring the Arkansas lead to within seven points.

However, in the final seven minutes of the half, the Razorbacks found another surge, extending their lead to as many as 16 points, eventually going into halftime with a 13-point lead.

Coming out of the half, Arkansas got the first basket, but the Vols went on a 11-0 run, getting only two points of the Razorbacks.

Arkansas would answer, once again extending their lead to a conformable margin. At no point in the final 12 minutes did the Razorbacks’ lead drop below nine points.

On a positive side for Tennessee fans, SEC Defensive Player of the Year candidate Yves Pons continued his block streak. The Frenchman finished the contest with a single block, bringing his season total to 68 blocks. He currently sits only six blocks from breaking the Vols’ single season blocks record and he will have three more regular-season games to eclipse the record mark.

Tennessee basketball will be looking to end their losing streak when they return to Thompson-Boling Arena this Saturday. The Vols will be hosting the Florida Gators in a nationally televised game. Tipoff is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on ESPN2.