Men's Basketball Sweet Sixteen vs. Purdue

#5, Admiral Schofield, rallies the bench during the emotional Sweet Sixteen game against Purdue University on Thursday March 28, 2019 at the KFC Yum! Center. 

The Tennessee men’s basketball team is set to face off against one of college basketball’s most storied programs inside one of college basketball’s most storied arenas this season.

According to a report from CBS Sports college hoops analyst, Jon Rothstein on Tuesday, the Vols will be paired with the Kansas Jayhawks in the annual SEC/Big 12 Challenge during the 2019-20 season.

Tennessee will travel to Lawrence, Kansas. to take on the Jayhawks at the historic Allen Fieldhouse, home of the Kansas men’s basketball team since 1955.

The date and time have yet to be announced, although the last four SEC/Big 12 Challenges have taken place in late January.

The SEC/Big 12 Challenge began during the 2013-14 season, and has pitted ten teams from each conference against each other. Last season, Tennessee beat West Virginia, 83-66 at Thompson-Boling Arena.

The Vols have competed in the challenge every year since 2014, compiling an overall record of 4-1 against Big 12 teams.

Tennessee is 1-3 versus Kansas all-time after falling to the Jayhawks 81-87 in the NIT Tip-Off title game at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn last season.

With Kansas now on the schedule, the Vols’ non-conference slate for the 2018-19 season also includes Washington, Florida State, Memphis, Cincinnati and Wisconsin. Here are the full pairings for the SEC/Big 12 Challenge:

Kentucky at Texas Tech.

Tennessee at Kansas

Baylor at Florida

Mississippi State at Oklahoma

Missouri at West Virginia

Oklahoma St at Texas A&M

LSU at Texas

Iowa St at Auburn

Kansas St at Alabama

TCU at Arkansas