Men's Basketball SEC Tournament vs. Mississippi State

Head coach, Rick Barnes, calls plays during the SEC Tournament game against Mississippi State at the Bridgestone Arena on Friday March 15, 2019. 

The Tennessee men’s basketball team once again added some depth to their roster on Tuesday with the addition of transfer Victor Bailey Jr.

Bailey announced his intentions to transfer to the Vols on June 3, and signed an Institutional Aid agreement with the school on Tuesday. He had previously played two seasons for the Oregon Ducks.

A 6-foot-4 guard out of Austin, TX, Bailey was a four-star prospect and a top-100 player from McNeil High School when he signed with the Ducks as part of the 2017 recruiting class.

In his two-year stint in Eugene, Bailey appeared in 73 games, making the starting lineup in eight of them. He averaged 7.0 points and over 17 minutes of action per game.

During his sophomore campaign in 2018-19, Bailey finished scoring in double figures in 13 different games. His season-high was 20 points against UCLA on Jan. 10.

In his first season at Oregon, Bailey proved to be a major contributor, becoming only one of two freshmen to see playing time in every game for the Ducks. In a 2018 NIT first round game versus Rider, Bailey notched a career-high 23 points, 21 of which came from beyond the arch. Those seven three-pointers were the most made in a single game in program history at Matthew Knight Arena.

Bailey will enroll for the Summer B semester, but due to NCAA rules, will have to sit out the 2019-20 season before he is eligible to contribute for the Vols in 2020-21. 

Bailey joins Arizona State transfer Uros Plavsic as the second player to transfer to Tennessee from a Pac-12 program this summer.