Men's Basketball Sweet Sixteen vs. Purdue

Head coach, Rick Barnes, during the Sweet Sixteen game against Purdue University on Thursday March 28, 2019 at the KFC Yum! Center. 

The Tennessee men’s basketball team got some valuable depth last week in the form of Arizona State transfer Uros Plavsic.

On Tuesday, Tennessee head coach Rick Barnes officially announced the addition after Plavsic signed a Financial Aid agreement with the school.

A native of Serbia, Plavsic played high school basketball down the road at Chattanooga’s Hamilton Heights Christian Academy before signing with Arizona State as part of the 2018 recruiting cycle.

According to the 247Sports composite for the 2018 class, Plavsic was rated as the No. 21 center in the country and the No. 5 high school prospect in Tennessee.

Plavsic redshirted his freshman season with the Sun Devils.

A 7-foot center who moved to the United States in the fall of 2017, Plavsic averaged more than nine points and seven rebounds in high school, helping lead Hamilton Heights to a 28-7 mark and a NACA Division I National Championship his senior year.

Before coming to Chattanooga, Plavsic was a big-time contributor on the BC Mega Leks junior team which made it to the quarterfinals of the Euroleague championships.

“Uros (Plavsic) is a skilled athlete with impact size,” Barnes said. “He’s a strong, physical player that can hold his own in the paint, and his offensive skill set could also allow him to play away from the basket, keeping the floor spaced.”

Plavsic will enroll at Tennessee in time for Summer A courses.