FILE: Vols prepare to serve community, prepare for more SEC play

File: Head coach Alison Ojeda and the Tennessee women's tennis team during the match against Indiana at Goodfriend Tennis Center on Feb. 12, 2017.

The Tennessee women's tennis team announced its 2018-2019 schedule on Wednesday. 

The Lady Vols will kick off the season at the Debbie Southern Fall Classic in Greenville, S.C., from Friday, Sept. 21 to Sunday, Sept. 23. The classic is an annual trip for Tennessee.

From Oct. 1 through Oct. 7, the Lady Vols will once again compete in South Carolina at the Charleston 25K. They will then host their annual Tennessee Fall Invite on Oct. 28. Tennessee's fall will conclude with a journey to Norman, Okla., to play in the Norman 25K.

Opponents the Lady Vols are slated to face during their spring schedule include non-conference opponents Florida State, Purdue, South Florida and Clemson. Each of those teams finished the 2017-2018 season ranked. 

Seventeen schools that Tennessee will face in the spring ended last year included in the ITA's final rankings.

The Lady Vols' SEC schedule includes matchups with Georgia at 12 p.m. on March 2 and defending SEC champion Vanderbilt at 6 p.m. on April 12. Both matches will be hosted by Tennessee. Five SEC teams finished last season in the ITA's top 12 teams, while 12 conference schools ended in the top 40.

The SEC Championships are scheduled for April 17 to April 21 at Texas A&M. 

The 2018-2019 season will mark head coach Alison Ojeda's third year at the helm of the program. The former Lady Vols player led Tennessee to marks of 19-12 and 18-12 in her first two seasons, respectively.

Tennessee is still looking to get over the SEC hump during the Ojeda era. The Lady Vols finished 2016-2017 with a 4-9 conference record and regressed the next season, ending with just a 3-10 SEC mark. 

Ojeda holds a 37-24 overall record as the Lady Vols' head coach.