Kellie Harper

Lady Vols alumnus Kellie Harper was named head coach in a news conference Wednesday April 10, 2019.

Tennessee women’s basketball head coach Kellie Harper is less than a month into her tenure, yet she has already made significant progress in filling out her staff. A little over a week ago, she brought in Jon Harper and Jennifer Sullivan as assistant coaches.

On Thursday morning, she tabbed another new addition, hiring Lacey Goldwire as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for the third staff hire in under two weeks.

“We are very excited to be adding Lacey Goldwire to our coaching staff,” Harper said. “Lacey is a person of high character and has a wonderful personality. She is a terrific recruiter and has knowledge and experience in the SEC that wil prove to be very beneficial to our program.”

Goldwire has spent 11 yeasrs as a coach at the collegiate level, with stops at Oklahoma State and Iowa. Her SEC experience comes from a stint at Arkansas, the position that Tennessee is hiring her from.

She’s spent the last two seasons with the Razorbacks under head coach Mike Neighbors. They made it to the SEC Championship last season, losing to Mississippi State. Arkansas also made it to the third round of the WNIT.

Prior to joining Arkansas’s staff, she was an assistant at Iowa, where she spent four seasons. In all four seasons, the Hawkeyes made a postseason berth. In the 2014-15 season, she assisted in taking them to a Sweet Sixteen appearance after beating 11th-seeded Miami in the second round.

She’s also made an impact in recruiting with Iowa. This last season, she aided the Hawkeyes in signing three prospects, including McKenna Warnock, a top 100 player, and the 16th overall wing player in the 2019 class.

They finished ranked No. 11 overall that season, their highest finish in almost 20 years. From 2012-13, she served as an assistant coach at Morehead State, and spent four years at Oklahoma State before that.

As a player, she spent her time at East Central University in Ada, Okla. She ranks fifth in career scoring at the university with 1,340 points, averaging 21.1 points per game.