The Tennessee men's golf team tied for fifth place in team standings on Sunday at the conclusion of the Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate golf tournament, which was played at The Blackthorn Club at The Ridge in Jonesborough.

Battling injuries and playing without first-ranked senior Lorenzo Scalise, who is currently competing in the Italian Open, the team was left with only four players available to contribute on Sunday; however, that was enough to claim a victory.

Sophomore Jake Meenhorst suffered an injury on Saturday and was unable to participate throughout the rest of the tournament.

Finishing -31 with a team score of 833, Penn State took the tournament victory for the weekend, followed closely by 17th-ranked Kent State with 842. Louisville finished third (843), just three strokes above Missouri, which finished with a score of 846 and wrapped up the top four teams on the board for the weekend.

Coastal Carolina and Tennessee followed, tied for fifth place. East Tennessee State, UNC-Wilmington, Virginia Tech and East Carolina filled out spots six through 10, respectively.

A scoring input error originally put Coastal Carolina finishing fifth instead of Tennessee but corrected results showed a fifth-place tie between the two schools, with both finishing 1-under with a score of 853.

With the change, the Tennessee men’s golf team has now opened its season with three straight top-five finishes. The group's start to the season is the best in tournament play since 2008-2009.

In individual play, redshirt freshman Sean Wilcox and true freshman Chase Roswell tied for eighth place, finishing eight under par with a 208 total. Playing as No. 5, Wilcox ended up being Tennessee’s top finisher for the weekend during his first time in the lineup for the Vols.

Roswall, notching his best tournament performance so far this year, finished 70-68-70 after three rounds of play.

Sophomore Rhys Nevin finished the tournament tied for 20th place and two under par. Spencer Cross and Brayden Garrison tied for 25th and 31st, with Cross ending up one under par at 215 and Garrison ending up at 216.

Missouri's Hayden Buckley led all the players with a score of 199, followed by Penn State's J.D. Hughes with 202. Penn State's Charles Huntzinger, UNC-Wilmington's Patrick Cover and East Tennessee State's Jack Rhea finished in third, fourth and fifth place, respectively.

Tennessee’s final tournament for the fall season will be played Oct. 29 through Oct. 31, when the Vols travel to Charleston, South Carolina, to compete in the East Bay Deli Classic.