The Tennessee men’s golf team will tee off for the first time this season when they travel to Rocky Face, Georgia to compete at the Carpet Capital Collegiate on Friday.

The tournament is set to be played at The Farm Golf Club, a par-72 course, from Friday, Sept. 8 to Sunday, Sept. 10. This is the 29th year of the tournament and will be hosted by Georgia Tech University.

15 teams are featured in this year’s field, including fellow SEC teams Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU and South Carolina. Teams from the 2017 NCAA Championship include Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Kennesaw State and Virginia. California, Chattanooga, Dalton State, Georgia Tech, North Florida and Troy round out the competition.

The Tennessee lineup includes Lorenzo Scalise, Jake Meenhorst, Rhys Nevin, Brayden Garrison and Chase Roswall.

Scalise is the only senior on the Vols roster, a team bringing back eight of 11 golfers from last season with an additional two more. Scalise is also the top statistical golfer returning, boasting a stroke average of 72.17 in 30 rounds last year.

As a junior, Scalise carded top-10 tournament finishes three separate times. He holds the best qualifying score for the Carpet Capital Collegiate at 15-under.

Meenhorst, a sophomore, had his score count in 12 of 15 rounds last year. He carded his first top-25 finish in March, when he tied for 25th.

Nevin, also a sophomore, had his score count in 17 of 21 rounds he played in last season. He averaged 74.22 strokes, good for seventh on Tennessee’s roster.

Garrison rounds out the sophomore trio; his score counted 11 of 15 times while averaging 75.00 strokes.

Roswall is the lone freshman in the Tennessee lineup but a highly regarded one. He graduated from Baylor School in Chattanooga, where he was named Chattanooga Best of Preps first-team selection two times.

Round one of the tournament begins at 8 a.m. on Friday, with the Vols paired with North Florida and Troy. Roswall tees off at 9:17 a.m., Garrison at 9:28 a.m., Nevin at 9:39 a.m., Meenhorst at 9:50 a.m. and Scalise brings up the rear, teeing off at 10:01 a.m.

Tennessee has a history with this tournament, as the 2009 Vols were able to bring home first place with a score of 851. Mike Sposa won the individual title in 1990 with a score of 209, and Darren Renwick tied for the individual title in 2009 with a score of 210.

Only 11 players have carded a hole-in-one at the Carpet Capital Collegiate, and one of them was Tennessee golfer Juan Serrano, who did so on hole 11 during the first round of the 2014 edition.

Live stats of the tournament will be available at golfstat.com. Tennessee-specific information will be updated at UTSports.com and on the Tennessee men’s golf Twitter and Facebook pages.