Lady Vols Golf

The Tennessee women’s golf team will be looking to parley a successful fall into this spring season. The Lady Vols will play in five different tournaments before getting into post season play.

"We have a great schedule planned for the spring," head coach Judi Pavon said, "starting with a trip to Mexico to compete against some of the top teams in the country. … We are excited to visit three SEC hometowns this spring as it's something we don't often get to do. Our schedule will get us ready to compete in postseason."

Tennessee will open the season Feb. 16, when it travels to Guadalajara, Mexico, for the IJGA Collegiate Invitational. This will be the second-straight year that the Lady Vols include a trip to Mexico as a part of their spring schedule. Last year, Tennessee played in the Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Guadalajara Country Club, a par 72 and 6,910-yard long course, hosts the Lorena Ochoa Invitational annually on the LPGA Tour. Other teams that will be taking part in the three-day tournament include hosts Virginia, Clemson, Florida State and California.

After returning to the United States, the Lady Vols will go to Peoria, Arizona, to take part Feb. 23-24 in the Westbrook Invitational, hosted by Wisconsin. Tennessee, who are joined by two conference foes, will be one of 16 teams in the invitational.

Vistas Golf Course, the par 72 and 6,252-yard site, will be familiar to the Lady Vols as this will be their second-straight year in this event. Last year Tennessee shot 862 (-2) as a team, finishing eighth out of 16. The Lady Vols’ top performer, Ariana Macioce, shot 214 (-2), good enough to finish 16th.

Tennessee’s next tournament will be March 7-8, when they travel to Gainesville, Florida, for the Florida Gators Invitational. Last spring, the Lady Vols finished the tournament in fourth place. Then-junior Micheala Williams won the individual category, shooting four below par.

Mark Bostick Golf Course, the par 70 and 6,701-yard site for the tournament, sits adjacent to the Florida campus. Though opened in 1962, the course underwent a recent renovation in 2001.

On March 20-22, the Lady Vols resume the matchup with the Georgia Bulldogs for the time since the spring of 2013, when they travel to Athens, Georgia, for the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic. In the 2013 edition of this tournament, Tennessee earned 11th place.

The Lady Vols could possibly see the University of Georgia Golf Club again as the par 71 and 7,258-yard course is slated be one the four sites for the NCAA Regionals.

Tennessee wraps up regular season play on March 27-29, when the Lady Vols travel to Auburn, Alabama, for the Evans Derby Experience. This will be Tennessee’s first time at the Auburn University Club since 2017 when the Lady Vols and Lady Tigers faced off head-to-head.

The par 72 and 7,326-yard course is located minutes away from the Auburn campus and built with the intention to host NCAA-quality events.

Tennessee will take part in the SEC Championship in Birmingham, Alabama, on April 15-19. Greystone Golf and Country Club’s Legacy Course, a par 72 and 6,253-yard run, will host the tournament for the eighth-straight time. Wednesday through Friday, all 14 SEC teams will play stroke play. Then on the weekend, the top eight teams will play match play to determine the conference championship.

Last season, Ole Miss defeated South Carolina 3-2 in the final, with the final point requiring multiple playoff holes. The Lady Vols did not make it to match play, shooting 897 (+33) as a team and finishing 10th. Williams was Tennessee’s top finisher, shooting 147 (+5) to finish 21st overall.