Haley Wagner’s strong showing wasn’t enough for the Tennessee women’s golf team over the weekend.

The Lady Vols left the Clemson Invitational with a 12th-place finish on Sunday. Led by Wagner, who tied for 25th overall as an individual, Tennessee logged a score of 299 in the final round and 893 (+29) overall across 54 holes.

“We had a couple of good rounds today from Micheala (Williams) and Waverly (Whiston), and Haley had a great tournament,” head coach Judi Pavon said. “We did not hit the ball well enough to make birdies, so we just couldn't get anything going to move up …

“We need to work on short irons and putting as well as our team culture. We aren't being competitive enough, and that leads to making mistakes we should avoid.”

It was Williams who would lead the Lady Vols in par-3 scoring, notching a 3-under shooting rate, while Whiston tied for second with 42 total pars.

Wagner recorded three pars and two birdies in the final round, finishing with a score of 75 after playing her last five holes. It marked her second straight top-25 finish of the spring semester as she shot an overall score of 217, pacing Tennessee with 10 birdies across three rounds played.

“This weekend, I was very consistent off the tee,” Wagner said. “I hit a lot of fairways and greens and just gave myself birdie opportunities throughout the rounds.”

Whiston and Williams logged scores of 220 and 219, respectively, finishing just one stroke apart throughout, including the final round, when Williams carded an even-par 72 and Whiston 73.

The two would finish 32nd and 39th individually, while Blakesly Warren completed the tournament with a 51st-place finish after shooting 223 throughout three rounds.

Ariana Macoice and Anna Newell each shot 80 during the final round, claiming 72nd and 79th place as individuals.

Overall, six Lady Vols finished in the top 100 as No. 7 Furman took home the title with an overall score of 834 (-30) and the 11th-ranked Michigan State Spartans took home second place with a total score of 844 (-20).

Clemson, led by Alice Hewson, placed third overall with a score of 846 (-18) as Hewson claimed medalist honors as an individual after three straight rounds below par (70-69-67 — 206).

Overall, the contest marked Tennessee’s lowest finish since the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate, when Tennessee finished 16th as a team.

The Lady Vols will conclude their regular season with their final tournament, the Bryan Nationals, in two weeks before playing for the SEC Championship beginning on April 19. In what will mark its 10th regular season tournament since play began in September, Tennessee will be looking to claim its fifth top-five finish as a team on the year.

Hosted by UNCG in Greensboro, North Carolina, the event will take place from April 6 to 8.