Tee Martin

Tennessee Volunteers' quarterback Tee Martin, (17), gets off a long pass despite the pressure of Florida State's Roland Seymore, (56), during the Fiesta Bowl, Monday night January 4, 1999. Tennessee won the National Championship by defeating the Florida State Seminoles 23-16.

Tee Martin is reportedly coming back to Tennessee.

The former Vols quarterback and USC offensive coordinator has agreed to join head coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff at Tennessee, according to a report by ESPN's Chris Low. 

He had job opportunities at multiple schools, including Alabama, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Louisville and Maryland, per the report. Martin was fired by USC at the end of this past season after the Trojans finished with a 5-7 record. He had been with USC since 2012, coaching wide receivers and serving as passing game coordinator and then offensive coordinator later on.

Martin played at Tennessee from 1996 to 1999. He was the team's starting quarterback when the Vols won the 1998 national championship. He finished his Tennessee career with 4,592 passing yards, 32 touchdowns and 16 interceptions.

He had stints as a player in the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and Oakland Raiders, as well as in the now-defunct NFL Europe and the Canadian Football League.

Martin's coaching career began at Morehouse College in 2006 and includes stops at New Mexico as quarterbacks coach and Kentucky as wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator.

The Vols finished at 5-7 last season, including a 2-6 mark in SEC play. Pruitt recently hired Jim Chaney who, before becoming the Vols' offensive coordinator after the departure of Tyson Helton, had formerly served on staffs at Tennessee and Georgia .

Martin was mentioned as a potential candidate for the offensive coordinator position, as well as slightly for Tennessee's head coach job before Pruitt was hired.