UT vs. South Carolina
Jauan Jennings, #15, talks to Brian Maurer, #18, following a win over South Carolina at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, October 26, 2019.

After sitting out last week due to a concussion sustained in the loss to Alabama, Tennessee true freshman quarterback Brian Maurer has been cleared to play Saturday against UAB.

Redshirt junior quarterback Jarrett Guarnatano's status was also in the air earlier in the week after a wrist injury on his non-throwing hand against South Carolina.

Guarnatano, who underwent on procedure on Sunday, has also been cleared to play this week.

Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt made the announcement for both quarterbacks during his Wednesday press conference.

"They're all ready to go," Pruitt said. "How we play them, we've not decided yet."

Maurer suffered a concussion in the first half against Mississippi State on Oct. 12, but was cleared to play the following week at Alabama before taking another hit to the head in the first quarter.

He started the previous three games before being sidelined for the South Carolina game.

Guarantano split time with redshirt freshman JT Shrout in that contest, finishing 11-of-19 passing for 229 yards and two touchdowns.

Tennessee hosts the Blazers on Saturday at Neyland Stadium, with kickoff slated for 7 p.m. on ESPNU.